I want breast augmentation ASAP. (photo)

Had gastric bypass Nov 15 labs and health is really good. How long til I can get my BA? Will UHP or HP round help with looking full including upper pole, possibly without a lift? I also have severe scoliosis even though I had Herrington rods placed in 1982 so they're crooked in front due to my back. I know they'll never be perfect I don't want 2 softballs sitting there. Just nice full DD + boobs. I'm still loosing weight but am broad shouldered large frame woman. Any advice will be appreciated

I want breast augmentation ASAP

Thank you for your pictures and questions. If you are really looking for advice, then you should listen closely to all the advice being given on this forum and heed it. You are someone who should not rush into surgery and someone with whom there is a large chance of poor results if you are not careful.

Here are some things I would advise:
- You will without a doubt need a mastopexy of some type, no question about it.
- You should wait until your weight has been stable for about 6 months before considering any type of surgery, and this usually happens at about 18 months post-bariatric surgery. 
- You are at high risk of skin stretching after surgery due to your massive weight loss. I would strongly consider performing the mastopexy first and leave you with small, but lifted breasts. Then perform the implant placement as a second stage after the mastopexy has healed, and consider some type of implant or soft tissue support for optimal results. 

Good luck and above all, be safe!

I want breast augmentation ASAP.

The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift. Based on the pictures provided it looks like you need a Breast Lift with implant. Breast lift will achieve more symmetry of the breasts as well, and with the implant it will give a fuller look.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

With massvie weight loss

breasts will sag.  You need a mastopexy but not just any ordinary mastopexy.  Educate yourself on the options and choose what is best for you.  In my practice, if you did not want an implant, a Rubin mastopexy would be done (much more extensive and much more scarring).  If you were accepting of an implant, then a reduction/reconstruction/augmentation would be done with my fees only reflecting the lift and augment and not anything else (as this could easily be 'unbundled' so more could be charged.  And its also possible you would need a nipple graft.  Please schedule a consultation and if your surgeon does mastopexies only one way, I suggest you get a second opinion from someone more worldly.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation

You will need an in-person examination, but from your photo, it appears you will need a mastopexy, which is not uncommon after weight loss.

Breast Lift And Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. Once your weight has been stable for roughly 6 months, planning a breast lift and augmentation would be your best option. The amount of excess skin and nipple position means that an augmentation alone would not be likely to give you the results that you want. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your aesthetic goals and options. They will examine you and make recommendations for you.

All the best

Weight loss surgery/Gastric Bypass/breast Augmentation/Lift

Thank you for the photos and question.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

For best results, generally would wait at least a year from your gastric bypass and have 6 months stable weight.

Many options for the type, style, profile and size of implant which an in-office evaluation and discussion will be best.

A breast lift will also compliment your aesthetic results which may be done simultaneously.  That will achieve more symmetry of the breasts as well.

Be sure you choose a surgeon board certified by "The American Board of Plastic Surgery", check her/his reviews, before and after photos, credentials, experience, and have a quality consultation. She/he will be able to explain further sensory changes based on the procedure that fits your wishes.

You surgeon should be preferably a member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and a member of "American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons" to indicate cosmetic plastic surgery is the main focus of their practice and they have been evaluated to perform high volume and quality, honest aesthetic surgery and adhere to a code of ethics.

All my best,

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

I want breast augmentation ASAP.

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Based on your photographs, it is most likely that you will benefit from breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery.   
You will do best by seeking consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.
Generally speaking, patients who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that this combination surgery is significantly more complex than either one of the procedures done separately. In other words, the combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately.
Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increased with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time. This revisionary rate may be as high (or higher) than 20%.
Personally, I find that the breast augmentation/lifting procedure to be one of the most challenging of the breast operations I perform, even compared to somewhat complex revisionary breast surgery. On the one hand, when performing breast augmentation/lifting surgery we are increasing the breast size with breast implants; on the other hand, we are reducing the breast “envelope” in order to achieve the breast lift. These two “forces” must be balanced as perfectly as possible in order to achieve the desired results. Removing too much skin/ breast tissue is problematic; removing too little breast skin/tissue can also be problematic. Remember also that patients presenting for breast lifting surgery and general have lost some skin elasticity/thickness making potential incision line healing problems and/or recurrent drooping/sagging important concerns to communicate.
To achieve a surgical result where the breast implant and breast tissue “come together” and behave like a single breast is one of my goals but can be difficult to achieve. Essentially, we are trying to create a breast implant/breast tissue interface that feels and behaves as naturally ( as a single unit) as possible. Generally speaking, making sure that the breast implant has some sub muscular and some sub glandular component ( dual plane) and tailoring the overlying skin/subcutaneous tissue/breast tissue as precisely as possible over the underlying breast implant is key.
Despite these efforts, breast implants are after all a foreign body that don't necessarily stay where we wish they would; therefore, breast implant related problems such as positioning ( too high, too low, lateral displacement etc.) can occur and may be a reason for returning to the operating room for revisionary breast surgery. I use a “tailor tacking” technique that allows a determination of what breast implant should be used to SAFELY produce the results the patient is looking for. This technique involves use of a temporary sizer and temporary “closure” of the overlying breast skin over the sizer. The use of the tailor tacking technique is very helpful. Breast lifting involves removal of skin ( and tightening of the breast skin envelope) while breast augmentation involves expansion of the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Again, despite these efforts, breast implant and/or tissue/skin complications may arise causing minor or significant complications.
Generally speaking, it is difficult to achieve the “perfect” result with breast augmentation/lifting surgery, despite best efforts. Patients should be aware of the complexity of this combination procedure, achieve REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS prior to proceeding, and understand that additional surgery ( along with the additional recovery time, stress, expenses etc) may be necessary in the short or long-term. Patients should understand that the results of the procedure will not necessarily match aesthetically the results of patients who have undergone breast augmentation surgery only.
For example, some patients who wish to maintain long-term superior pole volume/"roundness" or "implanted look" may find that this result is not achieved after the initial breast augmentation/lifting operation.
An additional operation, possibly involving capsulorrhaphy, may be necessary to achieve the patient's longer-term goals ( with superior pole volume/roundness). It is helpful if patients understand that this breast implant capsule used to provide the support for the breast implant is not present during the initial breast augmentation/lifting operation. The capsule (layer of scar tissue) forms around the breast implant and may be a good source of supportive tissue during revisionary breast surgery, Including correction of breast implant displacement/malposition problems ( such as bottoming out, symmastia, lateral displacement etc).
Potential risks associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery include infection, bleeding, incision line healing problems, loss/change of nipple/areola complex sensation, and blood flow related issues to causing skin or tissue necrosis. Poor scarring, pigment changes, areola/nipple asymmetry etc. are also potential problems. Again, patients may experience implant related problems such as encapsulation, leakage, displacement problems ( too high, bottoming out, lateral displacement, asymmetric positioning etc.), rippling/palpability of breast implants etc. Patients may also be dissatisfied with breast size, shape, and/or how the breast implants and overlying breast tissues “interface” with one another. Occasionally, a breast implant may even have to be removed and the patient will generally be “implant free” for several months at least. Obviously, this situation can be quite physically, emotionally, and psychosocially stressful to the patient involved.
Given the complexity of the combination breast augmentation/lifting operation and the greater risk of revisionary breast surgery needed, there are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately. For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). This is what I would recommend for your case.  
Having discussed some of the downsides and potential risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery, most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry.
I hope that this summary of SOME of the issues surrounding breast augmentation/lifting surgery is helpful to you and other women considering this procedure in the future.
The attached link may also be helpful. Best wishes.

Lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Once you are stable at your ideal body weight, it appears that you would be a candidate for a breast lift for sure, with implants if you want to get bigger.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation after gastric bypass

Hi and thanks for your question. First congratulations on your surgery and weight-loss. That is a great accomplishment. If you are still losing weight I would suggest that you get within 10 to 15 pounds of your ideal body weight before considering breast surgery. It does appear that you will need both a left and possibly breast implants to achieve the desired aesthetic result. You have significant breast asymmetry  based upon your photographs and as you mentioned scoliosis will have an effect on your final outcome. In the end make sure that you see a very experienced breast surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Best of luck! 

Richard Chaffoo, MD,FACS,FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination you would benefit from a lift at the time of your augmentation.  

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD