From California - I'm looking to have a full tummy tuck and BBL at the same time?

I'm 34 years old and soon to be a mother of 3 and looking to have a full tummy tuck with a BBL done at the same time. Originally, I wanted to go to Dominican Republic but after reading an article from the CDC regarding bacteria infection, I want to stay in the States. I want a BBL with a tummy tuck because it'll give me a more curvy body instead of looking boxy/boyish. I am 5'1 and averaging about 115-120 pounds. How much is a tummy tuck with BBL in your area?

The cost for a full tummy tuck and BBL is about $15,000. This includes the surgery, anesthesia, operating room and one overnight stay.

Thanks for your important question.  Once you've lost your baby weight you will become a good candidate for evaluation for a tummy tuck and possibly a BBL.  Many people separate the two procedures for an easier recovery and a better result, others combine the two.  When you're ready to have your consultation(s) meet with a couple of ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to discuss your procedure and its costs.  Make certain that the procedure is being performed at an accredited facility with a good safety record.   Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Cheap Plastic Surgery

For the same reason bacterial infections are common outside the US, they are common in the US at places that offer cheap plastic surgery: The cost of safety is high. It's a well known fact that places offering cheap plastic surgery have much higher rates of complications. Someone who wants elective cosmetic surgery should not be worried about the loss of life and limb. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.  

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

BBL and TT

Thank you for the question and I would go on complimentary consultations with local experts, become informed about the desired procedures, compare fees and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tummy Tuck and BBL- Staying in US

Based on the information you provided you appear to be a good candidate for the tummy tuck and BBL. Naturally, an exam by a board certified plastic surgeon is required to assess your skin laxity, fat deposits and buttock shape.  I routinely combine tummy tuck with circumferential liposuction, and use the fat to improve buttock shape. 

I really like combining the procedure because we are addressing the front and back and can create a curvy attractive silhouette and help with the buttock "flatness". 

I agree with your decision to stay in the United States.  It is too risky to have such a procedure abroad, especially if there are problems.

Average cost for our practice is approximately $8000-9500.  Good luck

Samir R. Shah, MD, FACS
Oak Lawn Plastic Surgeon

BBL & TT

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate for these procedures. It is possible to have these procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/laying on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. Cost varies depending on the location and surgeon but I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a BBL is between $6,000-$7,000 and a tummy tuck ranges from $8,000-$9,000. Most practices offer discounts on multiple procedures. Best of luck in your endeavors. 
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon