Botox for furrow, I just had lens surgery such I not get botox? I heard botox causes more wrinkles is that true?

Furrow

Botox is a great product to use to soften the furrow between your eyebrows. Best to be evaluated in person.

Botox for furrow, I just had lens surgery such I not get botox? I heard botox causes more wrinkles is that true

Botox treats wrinkles and does not cause them. It is OK to have Botox for  your Furrow after lens surgery. Best

Botox for Furrows

Botox for furrows is a great idea but you should just check with your surgeon to see if you are cleared to do so. Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox Myth

As long as you're cleared for procedures, you can get Botox for your furrow. Botox is used to treat wrinkles and won't cause them, per se. Sometimes lines can appear with facial expression with compensatory muscles, but those won't create new wrinkles. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox and lens surgery

First it is important for you to understand that Botox helps wrinkles and does not cause them.  you don't say when you had surgery, but your ophthalmologist can advise you as to when you can have Botox and most of them also do the procedure

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Thank you for sharing your question.  If your ophthalmologist clears you for treatment based on your specific lens procedure it is safe for you to have Botox administered.  Botox helps prevent wrinkles from forming and setting in and will not cause more wrinkles to develop over time.  Hope this helps.

Botox after lens surgery?

Hello, and thanks for your question. I would recommend giving it a couple of weeks to heal, and then check in with your eye surgeon prior to having Botox injected. This should not be a contraindication to treatments in the future. Botox is actually FDA-approved for treatment of wrinkles, but if used incorrectly can actually accentuate some lines. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert.  Best of luck, Dr. Novatt.

Gary S. Novatt, MD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Does Botox cause more wrinkles?

Thank you for your question. When Botox is injected properly it reduces the appearance of dynamic wrinkles or wrinkles that occur with movement in certain areas of the face.  It does not create more wrinkles, but many patients who have Botox in a certain area of their face and see that area improved, now notice wrinkles on other areas of the face that they never saw before because they were so focused on the area that was bothering them.  If wrinkles are static or deeper they may require combination treatment including Botox to decrease the movement, but also fillers or laser resurfacing to improve there appearance.  As far as you lens surgery, please consult with your opthalmologist before undergoing any treatments.  Take care and hope this information was helpful.

Dr. John Serrao