How many grafts do I need to cover my thinning hair areas? (Photos)

Hello I'm considering to have hair transplant for my thinning hair areas.. If possible can you please answer the following questions: How many grafts do i need ?(please check the attached photos) how long is the operation? Can it be completed in one session ? Will it have any side/visual effects right after the operation ?

You need an examination for a better understanding of what a hair transplant can provide. You may end up with more hair loss aft

You need an examination for a better understanding of what a hair transplant can provide. You may end up with more hair loss after surgery due to shock hair loss. Hair transplant surgery is not about "how many grafts do I need".

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I agree with my Full Time Hair Transplant Colleagues

You need to work with a competent, full-time hair restoration doctor to develop a master plan for you that takes into consideration your age, genetic inheritance and hair quality. Medical as well as surgical options or instead of them may be the best course for you. Find a qualified hair transplant surgeon who will assess you properly. 

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair needed for hair restoration

What is important is that you have to see what is your final hair loss pattern, age, family history and donor hair quality.  It is hard to know how many hair you need to restore the area without that. You need to talk to a good hair specialist that can tailor a master plan in which you can be assured that your long term goals are met.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need?

First, you are not a piece of property that you want to do gardening on. A surgical hair transplant requires that you be examined by a competent doctor who will determine the appropriateness of a hair transplant for you. You would be making a mistake asking for a hair transplant, if for example, you are under 25 years old. Once you start the process you will be 'hooked' on hair transplants for the rest of your life and if you do not get this put together into a MASTER PLAN for your future. you may end up looking like a freak as I have seen over the past 26 years doing this surgery when patients pushed for inappropriate hair transplants

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many hair grafts

if you always wear your hair this short, you would benefit little from a hair transplant. If you make an appointment to see a hair transplant surgeon, let your hair grow out for at least 3 months. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon