Will I have enough beast tissue for saline implants. Will my implants perk them up? (photos)

I am a 34B weighing 125lb and 5'4, and have a little sagging, I'm leaning more towards saline. Would I have enough tissue? I wouldn't consider myself too skinny.

Hello. You appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast augmentation with either saline or silicone implants. You do have enough breast tissue for coverage particularly if the implant is placed below the muscle.  See a BCPS for your care. 

Saline breast implants could give the illusion of a lift

You look like you would be a good candidate for saline or silicone implants. I believe you could achieve your desired goal of looking a little more perky because implants can give the illusion of a lift. Looking at your plastic surgeon's pictures at your consultation will also assist you in determining the size look you want as well. To see before and after photos of women who started out similar to you and got breast implants, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a Q&A plastic surgery book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

You would have a great result with breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  You will have a great result with breast augmentation.  I would recommend silicone implants over saline as they are:a) more form stableb) are softer and feel more naturalc) are more durable
To further protect your investment, I recommend you have your implants placed under the muscle:a) to give you more soft tissue support b) less chance for rippling or palpabilityc) decreased chance for capsular contracture
Make sure to seek the expertise of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in aesthetic breast surgery.
Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Will I have enough beast tissue for saline implants.

You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Saline or silicone would both work, but patient's are generally happier with silicone to provide a better texture and feel. Your sagging is minimal and an implant would help to correct this easily. There's a lot more to consider and I would suggest making an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss you options in more detail.

Saline implants

Hi, I think you are a great candidate for implants... either saline or silicone.  There are several different types of saline implants, if you choose to go this route, and I would suggest you consider the Ideal Implants.  These feel softer than traditional saline implants, and don't seem to ripple as much.  Best of luck with everything!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

#salineimplants #gelimplants #salinevsgel

I would not be able to make any specific comments without measuring your soft tissue thickness of the breast, but with slight excess skin, a implant placed above the muscle would likely be a better choice in most patients if they adequate soft tissue coverage.  Saline implants are usually placed below the muscle due to visibility concerns.I would suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in both types of implants (saline and gel) for a recommendation. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Enough Breast Tissue

You have plenty of breast tissue to support an implant. If you decide to go with saline, they will 100% be placed under the muscle. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to set up an in person consultation. Then he/she can do some measurement as to what size implant your chest could support. Best of Luck

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Will I have enough beast tissue for saline implants. Will my implants perk them up

The implants will make you large, but not more perky. As to enough breast tissue, I think placing the implants above the muscle will allow you to see and feel ripples in the saline implant. Going partially below the muscle will still allow you to feel the ripples on the lower outer side of the new breast.

Julio Garcia, MD

Will Saline Implants work for me?

If you are considering Saline Implants, I would recommend that you look into the new Ideal Implants.  They are a structured saline implant and eliminate most of the common problems of the traditional Saline Implants.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Saline vs silicone

Your breasts may be "sagging" to you, but in our profession, your breasts look deflated more than they do "saggy".  You will do just fine with only an implant.  The best way to determine which implant style, type, etc. is best for you would be with an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  The vast majority of my patients choose silicone, but I will gladly do saline if a patient requests it.  Good luck!