Is it normal for you to have dry skin after breast reconstruction surgery? (Photos)

I am 5 weeks post-op .The skin under my breast are dry and flacky almost like a sun burn . Is the normal ? I use coconut / vitamin E oil after I shower

Skin changes after breast reconstruction surgery

After any surgery, skin can become flaky/dry due to the swelling right after surgery and then the un-swelling again when things heal. If you've had radiation to your breast prior, you can be much more prone to skin dryness. As long as there are no wound or skin infections, you should follow the advice of your plastic surgeon in terms of what lotion/ointments, if any, you can put on this to help with the dry flaking skin. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon