Can a second surgery cause keloids? (Photos)

I had a breast lift and implant about 20 months ago. The surgeon made a mistake in the implant size and had to redo the surgery. I asked before the surgery if the scarring would be worse with a second surgery. He reassured me it would not as the same incision would be used. I am left with keloid scars that are embarrassing, sometimes painful and itchy.

Keloids the second time over

Thank you for your photos. I realize that you must feel very bad. Every time surgery is performed the possibility of hypertrophic scars is there,  especially if there was more tension the second time around. If the surgeon who did your surgery was a board-certified plastic surgeon and he will revise your scars after the tissues soften and you can expect a scar like the first scar.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon