How soon after giving birth (vaginal) is it safe to undergo Liposuction?

Full Recovery is very important after surgery, i would advice for you to wait 6month to 1 year before surgery.

Liposuction timing post partum

Generally speaking liposuction should be delayed until a patient reaches a stable healthy weight. Post-partum women can expect significant fluctuations during this period until breast feeding is discontinued. Typically, a delay of 6 months post breast feeding is reasonable. However, every patient is different. You want to be sure that you have stabilized from a physiologic standpoint (weight, hormones, etc.) before proceeding. 

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

To give your body time for the hormones to settle down, and time to heal after delivery and pregnancy, I would suggest waiting 3-6 months after breast feeding. Plus, right now, you do have a newborn.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after giving birth

I recommend my patients  wait until they are at a comfortable weight and also at least 6 months after they've completely stopped breast feeding.  This will help you achieve the best result possible.  But remember to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with all your questions an concerns.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - how soon after the baby is delivered?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Usually, you should not have surgery earlier than 6 months after delivery or 3-6 months after you stop breast feeding.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction after childbirth.

It would be best to wait until breast-feeding has been terminated in the body is physiologically stable after childbirth.After breast-feeding is complete I would suggest you wait 6 to 8 weeks.

Liposuction after pregnancy

Liposuction is great for removing unwanted fat after diet and exercise failed. The ideal candidate is a person whose weight is stable and that may take 6-12 months after pregnancy. Having said that, some patients may even need to wait longer than that.

As always, I recommend thorough assessment and consultation with experienced doctor prior to proceeding with any treatments.
Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction after giving birth

Thank you for the question! Most doctors recommend waiting at least six months to one year after pregnancy before undergoing liposuction.  Remember that you should strive to attain a stable weight prior to this procedure, so make sure to resume a healthy and active lifestyle to reduce any excess weight you might have gained during pregnancy.   

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your situation and guarantee an individualized medical advice.  Best of luck!  Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Liposuction after Childbirth

Usually we recommend waiting 6 months after childbirth before liposuction.  For the best result  you need to be at your ideal weight.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Liposuction after pregnancy

You should wait at lest 6 months or until you get down to your pre-pregnancy weight before considering liposuction.