How do butt implants get infected? How can you tell if it is infected? What is the best way to avoid infection? Thanks.
Doctor Answers 2
Butt implants infection
I have performed butt implants surgery on over 500 patients and I can tell you that complications rate , including infection is extremely low , as long as you follow post operative instruction to the 'T'. The secret to smooth healing is to avoid wound break down, which due to the proximity to the anal area can result in infection.
So, here are my post operative instruction to my patients :
1. Wear Velcro binder on the butt, over the wound for one month. It protects the wound until the scar tissue becomes strong.
2. Avoid strainuous activity - gym, sex, swim, dance, lift heavy weight etc for 6 weeks.
3. Sleep on stomach or sides for one month..
4. Ok to sit but lean forward , in order to avoid pressure on wound.
5. Drainage tube for one 7-10 days.
6. Clean anal area with forward motion to avoid contamination of the wound.
Infection can present in two forms:
1. Acute , with fever, chills, redness, swelling , pain and possible drainage if would opens up to the pocket. Implants have to be removed, wound culture obtained and appropriate antibiotic initiated.
2. Chronic, due to 'Biofilm' , where there is no frank infection like described above, but the implant and the capsule around are contaminated, resulting in capsule contracture and fluid build up. Implant has to be replaced with either capsulectomy(excision of capsule) or cauterization (burning) of the capsular granulation tissue.
It is extremely important that you consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety.
You have to realize that not all results are the same, because there are different techniques and different implants. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Check also the reviews on 'Realself' forratings and possitive experience reports.
Best of luck,
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.