Is Thermage the right option for me? If not, what? (Photo)

I do not like the skin around my jawline at all when I smile. I feel like it's loose and not very tight. I'm only 29, but I feel like if I do Thermage right now- it might help me tighten up in the mean time and in the long run. Also, I have deep smile lines that I'm hoping this will help with as well. Is Thermage right for me or should I consider something else?

Thermage for loose skin

You appear to be an excellent candidate for Thermage.  Thermage will tighten up the skin, especially around the face and neck.  Within a few months you will see new collagen build up in that area.  I addition, you might benefit from Sculptra to produce new collagen as well. Please consult with a cosmetic dermatologist for the best advice.  Best, Dr. Green

Thermage

Thermage can help to tighten the skin under your jaw and also improve your nasolabial folds. Of course fillers such a s Juvederm and Restylane can also be used to fill in any folds or lines you may have.

Baruch Jacobs, MD, FACS

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella

I treat this everyday in my practice. You may be a surgical candidate but you do not need surgery for improvement. Properly performed liposuction with energy based devices and physical fat removal will do fantastic to remove the fat, lift the skin, and contour the jawline. I pretreat everyone with Botox 1-2 weeks before surgery to relax the neck muscles, allowing for better retraction of the skin after surgery. Then after treatment we do skin tightening with Venus Legacy to improve the results and decrease the neck swelling. I suggest you only see an expert for treatment of this area as a meticulous surgeon is required to get great results and complications in this area can be devastating both medically and cosmetically. A new medication that is used to remove chin fat with injections called Kybella may also be an option, as it secondarily allows for skin tightening/lifting as well. A formal consultation is needed to determine what are the best options for you. Skin tightening at this point like Thermage or Ultherapy will only did minimal for you, and an in person consultation is needed to determine the best combination for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.