Can my constricted/tubular breasts be corrected without an implant? (Photo)

I've attached a photo of my previously posted question. Is it extremely necessary to get implants to correct them or can I get a lift? I'm not super concerned about size just shape. I want perkiness and roundness not long and saggy.

Not technically tuberous

Technically speaking, your breast are not truly tuberous. There is no constriction of tissue around your areolae or lack of crease under your breasts, which are traits of tuberous breasts. Therefore, a more suitable procedure would probably be a breast lift and areola reduction. These procedures could be performed simultaneously, giving your breasts a perkier shape with proportionately sized areolae. Implants would not be necessary if you aren’t concerned about size.

Tuberous Breast Correction

Thank you for your question. Technically you could just have a lift to resize and reshape the breast/areolas but what will fill out the round/perky shape you are after is a breast implant. Implants often work well in combination with the breast lift to reshape a tuberous breast. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your various options and choose what you feel is best for you.
Take care

Can my constricted/tubular breasts be corrected without an implant?

If you don't want implants, a lift and areola reduction can still be done with a nice result. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

No implants

you can have breast lift alone or breast lift with fat grafting. There is no indications for breast implants in your case since the size enlargement is not your concern. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

A breast lift alone would help re- position the breasts themselves and change the nipple areola to a more balanced size.  However, it would not get you more roundness or fullness per say.  Only an implant can provide a more rounded appearance and provide more upper pole fullness.  It really just depends on what you ultimately want to achieve.  The best this to do is to come for a consultation and see what will work best to achieve your goals.  I hope this helps.

Breast shape

If you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low or if they are tubular, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant. In your case a breast lift with augmentation is likely going to give you the best result.

Dr Scott Ennis

Yes you can do this without implants

My best results with tubular breasts have been achieved with fat grafting alone. The advantage of using fat grafting is that you can place the fat wherever you want and you are not limited to a single implant. You can extend the breast to make it wider and fuller and even lower the position slightly. Looking at your photographs it does seem that you will need a breast lift as well.I would recommend starting with the fat grafting to add volume and to improve the shape of your breasts. You may need several sessions because it is not always possible to accomplish everything in one procedure. The advantage of this is also that you can have liposuction an area where there is excess fat, and you don't need to have the expense of breast implants. You also avoid the use of a permanent implant.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for the question and photos.  A breast lift alone would correct the areola size and position as well as create a breast that is more compact or perkier.  This alone may be enough to give you the breast shape that you desire.  If in the future you decide to increase your breast size you can always get a breast augmentation in the future with an implant or with fat transfer.  There are many different types of breast lift procedures.  I suspect a vertical breast lift (lolly pop) would be the most appropriate for you breast shape.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Shape

You will need an implant to help give you the shape you desire. Just lifting you breasts may leave you with a narrow base. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon