Do I have constricted breasts, and what kind of surgery can correct it? (Photo)

I've always been extremely unhappy about my breasts and aware of them not looking "normal." During my pregnancy with my first child I was hoping that I would have some kind of growth and never did and I had very low milk production. I'm pregnant with #2 and thinking of getting correction surgery after this last pregnancy. Would I need implants, or a lift, or what other options do I have. I really hate them and I've never had a bra that fits. I just want to feel confident.

Tuberous Breasts/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to have characteristics of tuberous breasts.  Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. best of luck!Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Treatment for Tuberous or Constricted Breast

Based on the pictures provided, you may have a mild form of constricted or tuberous breast.  A breast augmentation with a breast lift would give you the best results.  A breast lift is needed because you do have ptosis (sagging of breast) present.  The areolar (circular)  tissue around the nipple would be made smaller with the breast lift procedure.  Get an evaluation by a plastic surgeon who will discuss your options in detail

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Do I have constricted breasts, and what kind of surgery can correct it?

You do seem to have a mild form of constricted breasts with breast ptosis. A lift would help but a lift with implants would be a better option. 
See link below for a case similar to yours. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts?

Hiyou have a a variation of tuberous breasts. To improve your appearance a breast lift and implant would be helpful. The lift will reposition your breast mound higher on your chest and also decrease the size of the areola.
Best

David Shifrin, MD

Breast shape

your breasts have a tuberous type of shape which usually requires implants and lifting to get the best results. I typically have patients wait atleast 3 months after breast feeding to consider surgery 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. I think your breast photos do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) his breast. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”. Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola. In your case a full breast lift will also be necessary. In many cases however, a lift is not necessary.  This operation will be best performed once you have achieved your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already.
When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes.