Surgeries for stubborn fat? (Photos)

I've lost a lot of weight but my stomach and thighs are getting no where. It's very embarrassing got me and I absolutely hate it. Is there a certain procedure that can help?

What to do about stubborn fat areas of the thighs and stomach?

From your photos, you not only have some extra fat of your abdomen and inner thighs but also loose skin.    You would be best served by procedures that lift and tighten such as a tummy tuck and/or inner thigh lift.   Liposuction alone will not tighten loose skin. Discuss with your plastic surgeon and good luck.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with or without Tummy Tuck

You really need a combination of liposuction and skin removal. I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  A VASER contouring expert is going to give you fat removal and skin tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight loss surgery, what to do?

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  You look to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction to your flanks and also a thigh lift.  Your problem appears to be your loose skin.  Liposuction alone will only give you more loose hanging skin.  I think it would be best for you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get an exam and have a of your options laid out for you.  Consultations are generally complimentary and very informative.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Weight loss surgery - what to deo?

Thank you for asking about your weight loss result.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss - that is excellent.
  • Your photos suggest that a tummy tuck with flank liposuction will greatly improve your tummy
  • An exam is needed to see if you need a lower body lift (tummy tuck extended to the back.)
  • For your legs, you need a thigh lift - 
  • Both procedures will include some liposuction but your chief problem is actually not 'stubborn fat' but skin that is loose, now that the fat beneath it is gone.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Stubborn fat

Your most complete change will be with liposuction/tummy tuck and possibly even an inner thigh lift. The sequencing/timing/combining decision should be discussed and made with your surgeon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Abdominoplasty and thigh lift

Thank you for the question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss!It appears from the photos you are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty because you have excess skin and fat. The procedure will remove the extra skin and tighten your abdominal muscles and can be combined with liposuction of the sides for better contouring. As for the thighs it appears you have excess skin so a thigh lift is recommended.Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and give you specific advice based on your needs. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Surgeries for stubborn fat

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture Full tummy tuck and lipo will give optimal results. For thighs may be medial thigh lift will help. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation

Stubborn fat?

It looks like you have two issues some subcutaneous fat, and loose skin.  You  might benefit from select liposuction and an abdominoplasty. Best to be seen in person.

Abdominoplasty and possible thigh lift

Hayleigh,
Thanks for the question and photos.
It appears that you would look substantially better with an abdominoplasty with liposuction of your sides and lower back.  the inner thighs wound not do well with liposuction as you already have some excess skin.  Might require a medial thigh lift.  You need to research the scars involved with these before considering it.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice will depend on your medical history and age.  Based only on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  You may be a candidate for a thigh lift also.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon