Does a tummy tuck w MR, and lipo of flanks, back and sides, not get rid of bra rolls? (Photo)

I am 3wks post op of tummy tuck with muscle repair with lipo, and I still have bra rolls, I guess that is what it's called , I asked my ps about it and he said it is hard to get to and that we would talk about it later, that it is still early, I do still have a lot of swelling but a lot of it is in my upper thighs I can not wear any of my jeans..

Surgery

HEllo dear, thanks for your question and provided picture, do not worry too much, you're still swollen, you have to be patient ... you have to practice drainage lymphatic massages to reduce swollen, and you'll be alright

Bra Rolls after tummy tuck

A tummy tuck will not correct brought strap roles that are on your back. This requires positioning you in the supine position with liposuction is a first go around. Oftentimes liposuction loan will be curative, but sometimes you may need skin excision as well. Good luck follow and up with your plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

3 weeks post op. Some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting question.
By the time you should not worry, abdominal swelling can be normal  3 weeks after tummy tuck with muscle repair  + Lipo.
To reduce the swelling, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen 3-5 times at week for two months, and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts for two months at least.
If the body contour unproportional persists after two months p.o., I recommend that you send us your photos, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bra Rolls

A pre operative photo would help in assessing the change in your upper back. The "bra roll" is caused by both excess fat and skin in the area. If you have good skin tone there, often liposuction alone can get rid of the roll. It typically takes months (I seen as much as 10 but usually around 4) for the swelling to resolve and the skin to contract. If it does not and the fat has been removed, a bra line skin excision may need to be done. If there is very little excess of skin (not what is seen in your photo), skin tightening procedures like Smart Lipo or Thermi can help. 

Good luck. 

Julian Gordon, MD

Does a TT with MR and lipo not get rid of bra rolls?

Based on this single photo, your bra roll were not done. This is why communication and understanding the proposed procedure is paramount preop ratively. Your surgeon did a standard TT (although a front view is not posted, nor your period). You need your whole back, waist and hips lipo contoured. Based on your BMI, this might've not been possible in one surgery. Stay close to your surgeon and make sure you fully understand what is being said and do not be shy to ask questions. Good luck.

Bra rolls

A traditional tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks does not get rid of bra-line back rolls.  Additional liposuction directly to the rolls can improve their appearance, but will not eliminate them completely.  If this area was liposuctioned with your procedure, you will not see the final result sfor several months.  The best way to address the redundant back skin is by direct excision using a bra-line back lift technique.  It is too early for you to have another procedure right now.  My recommendation is to heal from your tummy tuck and make an assessment in about 6 months.  If you are still unhappy, discuss it with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Bra rolls

Bra rolls are caused by a combination of excess skin and or fat. If you had liposuction of this area then there will be a decrease in the amount of fat there. At three weeks it may be too early to fully appreciate the results. If they persist after full healing and adequate liposuction your remaining option to treat them is by directly excising them. This is known as an upper body lift or bra line lift. 

Does a tummy tuck w MR, and lipo of flanks, back and sides, not get rid of bra rolls?

You have to request lie on the bra rolls specifically. Return to your chosen PS to ask.................

Advice re #tummytuck #liposuction #plasticsurgery

Hi and Thank you for your question and your photo. I would concur that bra rolls are difficult to address during a tummy tuck. The best way to reduce them with liposuction is with a patient prone and liposuction performed on the back. However liposuction alone may not remove them but improve them, as occasionally only excision of the folds with visible scars would be necessary. Best speak to your ps once a little more healed. 

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Bra rolls are not just fat that you can liposuction out

Most women have bra rolls and wish to get rid of them.  The problem is that bra rolls are not just excess fat that can be liposuctioned out, it is also excess skin that will not tighten with liposuction.  Thus liposuction makes the rolls thinner but doesn't take them away completely.  Not unless you cut out the excess skin (bra line reduction) but that leaves scars in a very visible place.

Martin Jugenburg, MD