Am I still swollen, will I get flatter? (photos)

Am I still swollen some days I'm almost flat and other days i am 6 1/2 weeks post op just had a follow up appt yesterday my ps .said I am healing great scar looks good we will see at 3 month check up.. Here is a pretty 3 wks and now.

Post Op Swelling

The swelling can last for 3-6 months so you seem to be progressing nicely. Just stay patient and be kind to yourself. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Am I still swollen, will I get flatter?

You look great. At 6 weeks there can be some residual swelling allow 3 to 6 months to heal. Continue to follow up with your chosen surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Still swollen

Hello dear, thanks for your question, is normal to be swelling at this time, but you need to wait until 6 months to see final result. I recommend you to use your garment because will help you with your body shaoe and swelling. Best wishes :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Still swollen

Hi and thanks for your question. By looking at your photos you seem to have a very good healing process, it is normal to still have this swelling, outcome will improve in the next 6 weeks. I usually tell my patients to wait at least 6 months for final result. Remember we all have intra abdominal fat which only improve with a good food regimen.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

It is still very early from surgery to determine your final result. It can take 4-6 months for the swelling to settle down. wearing a compression garment during the day mat help.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Swelling

Thank you for your question and photos.  You likely have a combination of swelling and intra-abdominal fat.  Residual swelling is normal for up to a few months after surgery.  The intra abdominal fat can only be addressed with die and exercise.  Best wishes!

Most likely you have internal, visceral fat. Try weight loss to gain a letter result.................

Flatter tummy

It is not uncommon to have persistent swelling of the tummy tuck for many months after the procedure especially later in the day after you've been upright for some time. We call this venous congestion because the blood gets into the tissue but has difficulty getting out because the veins that once drained with gravity have been separated in order to do the procedure. It takes several months, in my opinion, from these veins and their corresponding lymphatics to grow back in a normal fashion such that this congestion is not present. Compression garments worn during periods when you're up right do seem to help. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck on your further recovery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Swelling after tummy tuck

Swelling can persist for several months if not longer so you will just need to be patient before seeing your final results.  Wearing a compression garment can help along with watching your salt intake in your diet.  Continue to follow up with your PS.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Am I still swollen, will I get flatter?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Yes, longer-term swelling after tummy tuck surgery is quite common; swelling may persist for many months and even up to one year after the procedure is performed. Often, patients will report that the swelling increases as their activity level increases and gets worse later on in the day. Sometimes, the use of compressive garments may be helpful to control the edema.
I would suggest that you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon, who will be in the best position to assess your situation and provide you with specific recommendations. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term care.