In 2007 I needed bifocals for presbyopia and now I've been diagnosed with glaucoma. Am I a candidate for LASIK surgery?

I had Lasik surgery in 2003 and loved it!! The glaucoma is well controlled with eye drops.

As long as the glaucoma is under control, LASIK surgery is definitely an option.
Since you've had previous surgery in 2003, your surgeon may elect to create a
new flap or recommend PRK/LASEK as an alternative option.

City Of Industry Ophthalmologist

Lasik and Glaucoma

As long as your glaucoma is under good control, and not significantly advancing, then you could be a candidate for Lasik. And, of course, Lasik is performed on people with presbyopia, though it does not cure presbyopia.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist