I'm 18. Any way to make my abnormally large areolas smaller and somehow lift my breast?

Ever since I could remember I've always had huge areolas, saggy breasts (even at an early age) and now that I'm 18 I've became sexually active and I've NEVER shown my breasts to anyone. Honestly I'm too shy to go to a doctor about it in person because they're going to want to look at them (that's how insecure about them I am). I am not made of money so I cannot pay for a breast lift and I can't pay for a skilled surgeon to make my areolas smaller. Help. :(

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Costs will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will recommend you to get an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what can be done, I think you're still too young for the procedure, since you haven't had any kids, it will be better for you to wait. But of course that your breasts can be improved.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

In-Person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be needed. 

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Breast Lift.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Aerolar reduction and breast lift

There is no easy answer to your question. Unfortunately, having an in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeon is the best way for you to see what could be done to improve your breasts.

The surgery is completely cosmetic and is completely out of pocket. Spending the money now to get a quality surgeon to take care of you will be cheaper in the long run. Revisional surgery is expensive and its always better if things are done right the first time.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast evluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD