Vertical wrinkling and fullness after neck, lower face lift. (photos)

I am 10 weeks post lower face, neck lift. I used massage and home ultrasound. I had hard areas with verical bands primarily on the left neck and under chin. My Md injected the fibrous area with 5fu and steroids 2weeks ago. I have been doing vigorous massage. I continue to have fullness on the left and under my chin. My neck is tight vertically with chin elevation. I am wondering if this will improve after ten weeks and if not, what might be done.

Neck band

You'll need to wait 6-8 mos to see what a normal healing time will produce. In the meantime, have patience and work with your surgeon. All the things that you are doing are good and should be beneficial in the ultimate healing process.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vertical bands after neck lift

At 10 weeks, I would advise that it's still early in the healing process to make a final judgment on the result. It's possible the neck scar tissue will continue to soften and improve. I would suggest to reevaluate at the 6 month mark, and then determine if any additional treatment is needed. I think you're doing the right thing with scar massage, etc. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon