I had septorhinoplasty 5 month ago. After 2 months it became some kind of deformity. (Photo)

My nose looked very nice about a month after the operation. Does it possible to recognize the type of deformity on the photo? Will I need a revision? Should I wait 5-6 month before the revision? Can it get better or worser during this time?

Deformity After Rhinoplasty

It appears that you have a saddle nose deformity, which occurs when the normal attachments between the upper (bony) and lower (cartilaginous) portions of the nose are weakened or compromised in the "Keystone area".  This type of problem usually requires a surgical revision. Meet with your doctor to discuss the problem and your treatment options. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 months post rhinoplasty

Although we typically do not consider revision rhinoplasty surgery sooner than a year post-op, it is pretty clear that you will require a revision, probably requiring cartilage or bone graft. Seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation in person. 

Sean Maguire, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal deformity after rhinoplasty

Yes. You appear to have lost alot of support in the middle of your nose. There are several possible explanations for this. Unfortunately, this will not improve with further healing but it is customary to wait 6-12 months following surgery before considering a revision. I would return to discuss with your surgeon now. If they do not appear to have the skills to revise this issue, please seek a second opinion with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had septorhinoplasty 5 month ago. After 2 months it became some kind of deformity.

Sorry but only revision can correct..................................................................

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, surgical correction maybe required. A thorough exam is needed as well as a lengthy conversation with your plastic surgeon. I recommend that you make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Deformity after rhinoplasty

An examination would be needed to determine what may have resulted after your surgery.  It appears that the middle third of your nose has lost its support and has collapsed.  It is likely that a revision will be needed to re-support the middle third of your nose.

5 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 5 months after a rhinoplasty. At this point the swelling has to be minimal.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Unhappy with rhinoplasty

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty result.

• I am sorry you have a disappointing result.
  • Without pre-op photos, one can't be sure but your photos suggest that excess bone and cartilage may have been removed in the middle of the nose leading to a loss of support in that area. 
  • You are very likely to need a revision.
  • I suggest you return to your original surgeon to see what s/he suggests - but consult at least two other surgeons experienced in revision rhinoplasty before deciding what to do.
  • It is usually wise to wait a year before revising a rhinoplasty but depending on the problem it can be done as early as 6 months.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.