Tummy tuck: full or mini? (Photo)

i was wondering if i would need a full tummy tuck or mini i have two kids i had two c-sections with both

Full

A full tummy tuck would be the best.  But you should consider this.  During pregnancy your body's only job was the make room for the child and give them some milk.  In order to make room the Abs spread apart.  The separation of the abs make the central roundness of the tummy.  A full tummy tuck brings the muscles back together and reduces the round protrusion.  You can't be flat because you have fat behind the abs which will be pushing against any repair of the abs.  Nothing but dieting reduces that fat, there is not a surgical option.  During a tummy tuck the excess skin is removed also.  If you can loose the fat behind the abdominal muscles you will get a better result.   

Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck after 2 C-Sections?

Thank you for your question and your photos.  Of course, an exam would be needed to make a final determination.  It looks like you would benefit most from a traditional tummy tuck.  The rectus muscles can be sewn back together, (plicated). More tissue is addressed.  Mini tummy tucks are usually reserved for those with extra skin between the umbilicus and pubis.  The loose skin is trimmed off.  These patients are usually quite thin.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Full v mini

I think --looking at your photos -  that you would do best with a full tummy tuck.  That would address your entire abdomen. Up and down. And tighten your muscles. A mini tummy tuck would not leave you completely satisfied in my opinion.  Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Mini- or full tummy tuck?

No doubt about it.  You need a full tummy tuck to get the best results.  A mini-tummy tuck would only remove the lowest hanging skin.  It wouldn't do anything above the belly button.  A full tummy tuck would address all the loose skin on the upper and lower abdomen, would tighten the abdominal muscle.  I would also do liposuction on the waist and upper hips at the same time (this is part of my typical full tummy tuck, and there is no additional fee for that).

Carmen Kavali, MD

Full or mini tummy tuck?

Based on your picture, I would recommend a full tummy tuck.  A  full tummy tuck will remove excess skin and allow for tightening of the stomach muscles all the way up to your rib cage.  A mini tummy tuck is far more limited.  Very little skin would be removed and skin tightening would only be up to the belly button.  I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck. You unfortunately are not a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. You would need to be seen for a consultation for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck, full or mini?

Based upon the photos that you provide, you would need a full, muscle tightening, tummy tuck.   Also,  additional weight loss prior to the surgery would produce the best result as the photos suggest a component of internal(visceral) fat contributing to your belly's outward projection.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Based solely on your photos, you look as if you would need a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy tuck: full or mini?

A full tummy tuck would produce a much better result for you based upon your pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Full vs Mini TT

Thanks for your question and pictures. For an ideal result a full tummy tuck with muscle repair will be necessary. Best of luck!

Bradley A. Hubbard, MD