My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal is There Loose Skin AND Big Clitoris ? (photos)

I'm 20 years and i never had sex , i feel self conscious about my vagina lips and clitoris , there is excess wrinkled skin around my clitoris and my labia minora is loose and big . be honest with me do my vagina look ugly ? and what i need to do to make it look better ?

You are normal

and your vagina is not 'ugly'... and according to informal polls, the guys don't worry so much about appearances as the women do.  That being said, you could make changes if you believe it will benefit you.  Your labia minora is certainly within normal appearances and I would not recommend anything there until later in life as you experience change.  Your hood seems a little redundant and could be trimmed back with a reduction of some sort.  If your clitoris is excessively large, you can discuss options with your surgeon then.  But I just want you to know that there is no standard in how the vagina should look and yours is completely 'normal'.  And remember that function is so much more important than form, as there are always risks to surgery.

Is my vagina normal?

Thank you for posting your pictures. There is no absolute normal when it comes to the external female genitalia. The ideal would be to have your labia minora (inner lips) tucked-in and not protruding past the outer lips. This is the main problem addressed with a labiaplasty. Based on the current pictures you have posted, your problem does not seems to be related to long, protruding inner lips. On the other hand, the skin around your clitoris is in excess, which has created separation of the upper convalescence of your vulva (where the outer lips come together towards the top). Reduction of the clitorial hooding is posible with surgery. The procedure is performed in the outer/surrounding clitorial skin and there should not be any problems with sensation during sexual intercourse since the actual clitoris is not touched. Another very  important thing to r/o is that your clitoris itself is not enlarged. Clitoromegally (large clitoris) could be the result of hormonal imbalance which should be investigated carefully. This maybe a congenital problem (born with it) or acquired. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Normal?

There is a WIDE range of "normal" when it comes to sex organs in men or women. Your clitoris is more toward the larger group and can be reduced if you are committed to that. The clitoral hood can also be reduced. Typically function is more important than form here, but you do have options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Labiaplasty surgery

Keep in mind that there is a great deal of anatomical variation between the appearances of women's vaginas.  Truthfully, I think that you clittoral hood might be slightly on the larger end of the normal spectrum and the labia minor are just fine.  If you continue to be concerned it is always reasonable to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Labiaplasty questions

If you are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of your external genitalia, or you feel that it is interfering with your sexual activity, exercise, hygiene, daily life, or self-confidence, you may be a candidate for a labiaplasty. This is an extremely popular procedure in my practice, and patient satisfaction is very high.

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH

Is my vagina normal?

Dear Sararahim,

Every woman's body is different in size, color, texture and shape, and that includes the genitals.  You do have an elongated clitoral shaft and extra skin around the hood.  If this bothers you, the skin on either side of the hood can be reduced, which will bring the entire shaft closer to your body so it does not stick out so much.  In terms of your labia, it is not their size that would be the reason to have a labia reduction.  In my opinion, your labia are in the middle of normal--not too big and not too small, but it is how you feel about them that is most important.  They are pigmented (darker in color than the surrounding tissues) but if the hood is brought closer to the body, the upper part of the labia minora may have to be reduced by a small amount to keep everything in proportion.  Sometimes women feel self-conscious about their bodies but many times their partners don't see it the same way.  If someone cares deeply about you, they love all of you.  But if you are not happy and the extra skin is holding you back from an intimate relationship, it may be good to talk to a counselor before having a surgical procedure to make sure it is just the anatomy that is holding you back and nothing else.  I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Hailparn

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

From these pictures it does not appear as though you would be candidate for labiaplasty surgery.

Your labia minora appears to be about the same length as your labia majora.  The best way to really determine the length is assess the area while you are standing in front of the mirror.  IF your labia minora protrudes past your labia majora then surgery would make sense.  

Do I look normal

the short answer is "yes". There is nothing in the pictures that you bravely posted that denotes any "problem" / issue / deformity".   You are young and from what you wrote, are inexperienced and likely insecure.  Surgery will not help, rather you should search for help and advice from areas other that trying to modify your body. 

Tassos Dionisopoulos, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Normal Anatomy

Thank you for your question.  I completely understand your concerns.  From the appearance on your photos, your anatomy is completely normal.  The labia minora are the female equivalent of the testicular sac, hence the wrinkled appearance is actually normal.  Hope this helps!

My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal is There Loose Skin AND Big Clitoris ?

Every woman's vagina is unique and will vary in some degree compared to another.  There are surgical options available that can reduce the size of the areas you are concerned with.  I would suggest finding a reputable surgeon in your area and scheduling a consultation for further evaluation and to discuss your options.  For more information regarding labiaplasty options and before and after photos, please follow the link below: