My Vagina Doesn't Look Normal is There Loose Skin AND Big Clitoris ? (photos)

I'm 20 years and i never had sex , i feel self conscious about my vagina lips and clitoris , there is excess wrinkled skin around my clitoris and my labia minora is loose and big . be honest with me do my vagina look ugly ? and what i need to do to make it look better ?

You are normal

and your vagina is not 'ugly'... and according to informal polls, the guys don't worry so much about appearances as the women do.  That being said, you could make changes if you believe it will benefit you.  Your labia minora is certainly within normal appearances and I would not recommend anything there until later in life as you experience change.  Your hood seems a little redundant and could be trimmed back with a reduction of some sort.  If your clitoris is excessively large, you can discuss options with your surgeon then.  But I just want you to know that there is no standard in how the vagina should look and yours is completely 'normal'.  And remember that function is so much more important than form, as there are always risks to surgery.

You are normal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Is my vagina normal?

Thank you for posting your pictures. There is no absolute normal when it comes to the external female genitalia. The ideal would be to have your labia minora (inner lips) tucked-in and not protruding past the outer lips. This is the main problem addressed with a labiaplasty. Based on the current pictures you have posted, your problem does not seems to be related to long, protruding inner lips. On the other hand, the skin around your clitoris is in excess, which has created separation of the upper convalescence of your vulva (where the outer lips come together towards the top). Reduction of the clitorial hooding is posible with surgery. The procedure is performed in the outer/surrounding clitorial skin and there should not be any problems with sensation during sexual intercourse since the actual clitoris is not touched. Another very  important thing to r/o is that your clitoris itself is not enlarged. Clitoromegally (large clitoris) could be the result of hormonal imbalance which should be investigated carefully. This maybe a congenital problem (born with it) or acquired. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Is my vagina normal?

Normal?

There is a WIDE range of "normal" when it comes to sex organs in men or women. Your clitoris is more toward the larger group and can be reduced if you are committed to that. The clitoral hood can also be reduced. Typically function is more important than form here, but you do have options.

Normal?

Labiaplasty surgery

Keep in mind that there is a great deal of anatomical variation between the appearances of women's vaginas.  Truthfully, I think that you clittoral hood might be slightly on the larger end of the normal spectrum and the labia minor are just fine.  If you continue to be concerned it is always reasonable to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Labiaplasty surgery

Labiaplasty questions

If you are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of your external genitalia, or you feel that it is interfering with your sexual activity, exercise, hygiene, daily life, or self-confidence, you may be a candidate for a labiaplasty. This is an extremely popular procedure in my practice, and patient satisfaction is very high.

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH

Labiaplasty questions

Lara Devgan, MD, MPH

Is my vagina normal?

Dear Sararahim,

Every woman's body is different in size, color, texture and shape, and that includes the genitals.  You do have an elongated clitoral shaft and extra skin around the hood.  If this bothers you, the skin on either side of the hood can be reduced, which will bring the entire shaft closer to your body so it does not stick out so much.  In terms of your labia, it is not their size that would be the reason to have a labia reduction.  In my opinion, your labia are in the middle of normal--not too big and not too small, but it is how you feel about them that is most important.  They are pigmented (darker in color than the surrounding tissues) but if the hood is brought closer to the body, the upper part of the labia minora may have to be reduced by a small amount to keep everything in proportion.  Sometimes women feel self-conscious about their bodies but many times their partners don't see it the same way.  If someone cares deeply about you, they love all of you.  But if you are not happy and the extra skin is holding you back from an intimate relationship, it may be good to talk to a counselor before having a surgical procedure to make sure it is just the anatomy that is holding you back and nothing else.  I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Hailparn

Is my vagina normal?

Dear Sararahim,

Sincerely,

Dr. Hailparn

From these pictures it does not appear as though you would be candidate for labiaplasty surgery.

Your labia minora appears to be about the same length as your labia majora.  The best way to really determine the length is assess the area while you are standing in front of the mirror.  IF your labia minora protrudes past your labia majora then surgery would make sense.  

Normal size of vagina

"Normal" is dependent on your perspective.  If you are self-conscious, I recommend that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.  That doesn't mean you have to commit to surgery, but it does give you a true medical perspective.  A labiaplasty could help you if you aren't comfortable with the way your vagina looks.  The vagina can be affected by childbirth and enlarged lips can affect both sexual relations and the clothing you wear while working out.  Again, this is a very personal decision.

Normal size of vagina

"Normal " vagina

Thank you for your question, it sounds that you feel very concerned. The "normal" is always hard to define, as there is a large variation in anatomy. The important thing is how this affects your life. Women that approach me for this reason complain of a variety of symptoms, usually related to excessively protruding skin that can get "in the way". It can be tight clothes, gym attire, swimming, various activities, bike riding, sex. With excess skin that gets irritated you can have swelling, more discomfort, rashes, and sometimes you can start avoiding certain activities that cause these symptoms.

It's not that your vagina looks "ugly", it might be that is different from the most commonly posted photos. If you are concerned about clitoral hypertrophy, it would be worth seeing your doctor, as this needs investigation. It can be constitutional or can represent some hormonal imbalance.

Clitoral hood prominence, which is the part that covers the clitoris,  can be reduced surgically and should not interfere with any sensation or activity in the future.

Good luck and take care!

"Normal " vagina

Good luck and take care!

Your vagina is not UglY!

You should never think that your Vagina is ugly!  Everyone is different and you have a normal variation in vaginal tissue.  Everyone is talking a lot about changing vaginas these days and you should understand that this is a personal preference.  This means that they want to change things because THEY feel like they want something different.  You should never do this kind of procedure or any other for someone else.  But if you were thinking about making a change for you then it appears that you may have pretty normal labia minora, with a bit of excess tissue in the hooding area which may be able to be reduced.  You should find and experienced Plastic Surgeon who performs these procedures often and can give you Great ( not good) results.  Always feel comfortable with your surgeon and make sure they are experts in what they do before selecting them!

Your vagina is not UglY!