5 days ago, I got 2 ml of Voluma and 36 of Botox - when I can go to the sauna?

When can I go to the sauna?

Hi, Liora46.  Thanks for your question. After 24 hours, you can resume your activities including sauna.  Best regards.

Activity restrictions after neurotoxin and filler injections.

I recommend my neurotoxin patients abstained from intense physical activity for at least 24 hours after the injection.  I do not impose any restrictions on patients undergoing filler injections, including Voluma. After 5 days, you should be just fine for any level of activity, including saunas.

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Going to sauna after injectables

If there is no swelling or bruising, then you should be able to go back to the sauna after 48 hours. By this time you're more than fine. Enjoy

Sauna after #Voluma and #Botox

You would not want to do anything that would affect the distribution of Botox in the skin for about 6 hours after Botox, and that might include going into a sauna. At this point obviously there would be no effect on the Botox you had injected.

The major concerns after Voluma would be bruising and swelling. After three days, there should be no risk of any further bruising.  And for most people the swelling would not be noticeable.

So unless you still have swelling from the Voluma, you should be able to have a sauna treatment without any side effects.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Enjoy the sauna.

You should have no problem getting in the sauna at this point. Enjoy the results of the treatment. Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Now!

Typically if there are no issues- re swelling, then the next day after a procedure it is fine to go to a sauna.  All the best!  Dr. Tony Perkins.

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Physician

Sauna and facial treatment

You probably have no major restrictions at this point, and can probably use a sauna. You may notice some more facial swelling from the heat. Best to ask your injector if it is ok.

Injectables and Sauna

There is no reason at this point why you cannot go in the sauna.  Both the filler and Botox are not affected by the heat, humidity or sweating.  It can cause some mild facial swelling, but you should be ok at this point.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Sauna

Since it has been several days since you have received your injections there is no reason that you cannot go into the sauna.  If you feel that there is swelling however currently in your face I would wait two weeks from the procedure.