With me being overweight and having PCOS can I still get Breast Augmentation?

I'm 24 5'8 and 260lbs. I have PCOS and take metformin daily other than that I'm healthy. I'm currently a 38B and I wanna go up about a cup size but I feel my size is to big for a breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation

I think that you are better to lose weight to lower your BMi and then consider breast augmentation +/- a lift.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination and discussion of your future goals it is difficult to answer your question directly.  Patients that are overweight and have PCOS can have a breast augmentation performed, but it depends on your desired appearance and decision on any future weight loss.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your options. 

PCOS and breast augmentation

PCOS can be mild or severe.  The first step would be to get clearance from the doctor who is managing your PCOS to be sure you are healthy enough to tolerate surgery.  Though you are not at your ideal weight, you could undergo breast augmentation as long as you recognize that your breast will change if you do lose weight in the future.  Be sure to discuss the pros and cons of having surgery now vs. after weight loss with a board-certified and experienced PS.

All surgeries have risks

The short answer is yes.  A breast augmentation is a very safe surgery and generally the risk of infection is somewhere around 1-2%.  People with higher body weights are at a higher risk for wound healing issues and infections.  If you are comfortable with a slightly higher risk of these complications and you have normal blood glucose levels then getting a breast augmentation is a fine option for you.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon