I'm looking for a plastic surgeon to perform male gyno surgery and maybe lipo that takes iCare financial in the NY/NJ/PA area?

Looking for a Plastic Surgeon for Male Gyno Surgery who Accepts iCare Financial

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 

Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Plastic surgeon to perform male gyno

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia and Liposuction Morristown.

You can have liposuction and gynecomastia treatment here in Morristown NJ. Both these operations are a routine cosmetic procedures that are not covered by insurance. We do offer financing by multiple credit companies that offer various plans some without interest to you. You need to be seen to decide what exactly needs to be done. 

Insurance coverage for male breast reduction surgery

Unfortunately, very few insurance companies provide coverage for gynecomastia surgery and no insurance company covers pure cosmetic liposuction (ie lipo of the abdomen, love handles, etc).  Further, virtually no surgeon will provide surgery and then hope and pray that he gets paid from a very reluctant insurance company while the patient is enjoying the results of his operation without laying out any money.

Your best bet is to ask your insurance company about their specific requirements that need to be met for gynecomastia to be covered.  Then set about meeting those requirements.  And then, even if you have met the requirements and have received a preliminary approval from your insurance company, there is no guarantee that the insurance company will cover the surgery or if so, how much will be covered.

With such uncertainty (insurance companies are not on your side), surgeons can only require full pre-payment prior to surgery.  That is the case in my office.  We do, however, submit an insurance claim on our patient's behalf after the surgery has been performed.  And rarely, we get lucky.

Such is the reality of dealing with insurance companies -- it is truly David vs Goliath -- but most of the time, Goliath wins.

Most patients with gynecomastia understand the above and save their money or take out a loan in order to finance the operation.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery

Gynecomastia surgery

Gynecomastia surgery can be performed using liposuction, direct excision of tissue, or a combination of the two.  Best to be seen in person. Our office works with some financing programs, but I never heard of Icare.

Gynecomastia Morristown NJ

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD