How much time does it take for the hair to grow? What can I do to speed the growth? And what can slow it? (Photo)

Hi, it's been 4 months since my hair transplant surgery, some of it grew but i still have a lot of empty spots plus it's not strong.. how much time I'm going to wait until it fully grows and is there anything that can slow the growth? Thank you!

Hair transplant growth and treatment to expedite it

someone miserable,

Do not despair most people electing to be proactive in the treatment of their hair loss can be helped a lot.Please read the accompanying articles, this is such a common question, that I have answered so many times. Sweet spot of growth in office 4-8 months, but full maturation up to 18 months. Avoid exposure to prolonged Sun for about 4 months after a procedure.

Bernardino A. Arodha, MD

Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth cycle after a hair transplant

After hair is transplanted, it goes into telogen and this usually laasts somewhere between 4-6 months when it restarts to grow. By the 8th month, you can expect to see 80% of the results. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months for transplanted hairs to grow. If you believe something is not right it is best to contact your doct

It can take 6 to 12 months for transplanted hairs to grow. If you believe something is not right it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How much time does it take for the hair to grow? What can I do to speed the growth? And what can slow it?

Thank you for posting your question. At 4 months post, you should not expect much growth. At your 6 months mark is where you should see a major change, typically at 50% growth. Transplanted hairs will grow at a rate of 10 to 15% each month after 3 months of the date of the procedure, and can take up to 14 months to see final results. Hope this helps, you are doing great.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

How much time does it take for the hair to grow

4 months is not a enough time to assess the result of hair transplantation.  Hair start to regrow in 3-4 months and get better by time and takes all characteristic waviness and thickness in 12 -14 mo.I dont know any medication etc to speed up that process. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon