9 months since my hair transplant surgery. Should I shave my head?

Hello, it's been 9 months to my hair transplant surgery, i saw some good changes but there's still some little spots empty and the hair is a little thin, i wonder if shaving it all would help or not, being bald for a month or two doesn't really matter if it's going to grow back thicker and better, thank you again!

Shaving your head has no effect in helping your hair grow any faster. If you are concerned it is best to

Shaving your head has no effect in helping your hair grow any faster.  If you are concerned it is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shave at 9 months

There is no need to shave your head as the hair will continue to thicken up through a normal cycle.Also,you still have several more months until the full results of your procedure are evident.Just sit tight!

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

To shave or not

You are free to do what ever you want with your new hairs . Due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon