There's a little piece of skin hanging from my vagina like an uvula and I don't know what it is? (photos)

There's a little piece of skin hanging from my vagina like an uvula and I don't know what is it ? I noticed it before I lose my virginity . the green circle in the photo it is the place where im having sex . , in the small red circle there is a very small hole which is the urethral opening . all im asking about is that thing that look like an uvula . is it normal ?? what is that ? . thanks and im sorry for my english

Hymenal tag

Nothing to be concerned, this is quite common and easy to fix.   I would see your gynecologist about have that excised under local anesthesia.Best of luck

You've got a hymenal tag

Hymens come in all shapes in sizes. Some have small tags of the skin before sex. Others develop tags after sex. In any event, they are normal and harmless. If they bother you, they can be removed quickly and painlessly with local anesthesia by any gynecologist.

Hymenal Remnant

Please don't worry about that area one bit- it's merely skin of your hymenal ring and it is completely normal. If it bothers you significantly talk to your doctor about having it removed, but all women have one. Cheers!

Excess Skin

Hello and thank you for your question. I definitely agree with the others here and that you should first visit your gynecologist for an initial evaluation. If you find that you may need or desire some rejuvenation surgery you will be able to easily determine whether you are a candidate.Women have a wide range of normal  color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Remnant of the Hymen, Normal?

Hello Imawins and thank you for your question and sharing photos as well. The short answer is yes this is a normal variation of the hymenal ring "post-virginity" and unless it is truly bothersome does not require any intervention. If it does bother you, its removal can be accomplished fast and efficiently in an office setting. Best Wishes.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Hymen

It appears to be a remnant of the hymen.  If it bothers you it can be removed in most cases as an office based procedure.

Earle Pescatore, DO
Fort Lauderdale OB/GYN

There's a little piece of skin hanging from my vagina like an uvula and I don't know what it is?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  This tag of skin is a remnant of your hymenal ring and perfectly normal.  If it causes you concern it can be treated with a small in-office procedure.  Hope the helps.

Hymenal caruncle

Dear Imawins:
This is absolutely normal. This is the remnants of your hymen.  When the hymen breaks the ridges left over is called a hymnal caruncle.  If it bothers you it can be removed.John R Miklos MD
Urogyencologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta  ~ Beverly Hills  ~  Dubai