What's the news in hair loss treatments? Is there any hope to see the cure of hair loss soon? Maybe after 3 years?

Hair Loss Treatments

Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments available. Just to name a few there is non surgical PRP, or platelet rich plasma injections which have the potential  to increase hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles in both male and females, Capillus laser therapy which can increase hair volume by up to 20% while preventing  future hair loss, as well as surgical methods like follicular unit transplant and follicular unit extraction when needed. My goal as a hair restoration surgeon is to work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals. I would recommend an exam to discuss your hair loss concerns with an expert. Best wishes. 

Highland Park Physician

Future cure for hair loss?

The future lies in taking individual occipital  hairs,dissecting out the stem cells and growing the stem cells. This will be injected into the scalp. It is available in Japan and England!!!!

PRPHAIRMD.COM 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Looking for a Cure--Hair Loss Treatments

There are many options (PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS). I can't give you a timeline for a cure, but these options give great results. I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation first to determine what is the best combination.  Best, Dr. Emer.

News regarding hair loss treatment? Cure?

redzay,

Unfortunately, I doubt that the cure for hair loss is imminent. However, there are a lot of developments that are producing great outcomes for our patients! We are seeing great results with our PRP/Lasercap treatments. Of course the state of the art hair transplantation is producing very natural and outstanding results.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cure in 3 years

I doubt that you will see a cure for hair loss and balding in 10 years, nevertheless three years. There are new treatments coming in about 3-5 years but that will not be a cure but rather a stem cell type of treatment

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon