How long will it take to straighten my bottom teeth if i wear braces ? And can I wear braces only on bottom teeth? (photo)

Braces

Hi there,Every time we do braces average treatment length takes  at least take 1-1.5 year, usually 2 years.  The reason for that is we want to stabilize the teeth in new position  so later on we have less chances for relapse. Relapse means teeth wants to get into their old position, we prevent that with retainer wear after completion of braces, also by slowing the process and fixing the teeth in a new position and keeping on rectrangular wires for some time, which making the roots also move into new position, strongly fixing them and forming extra bone around the roots. Again we might straightened your teeth in 6  months, but we want to keep the braces and fix teeth in new position at least for  a year and more.
Your second question if you can wear in single arch: case to case is different , usually any orthodontic office before your diagnosis we have to collect completed comprehensive orthodontic records: includes Xray, models of your jaws, several intraoral photos: Based on that, if your dentist orthodontist feel its possible to do a single arch , than it would be it. In average , we to full upper and lower braces 85% at the time, single arch maybe only 15%. Again your single photo is not conclusive to make a diagnosis, however i hope i answered some of your questions , so you get general idea.
Good Luck!BestGeorge Sahakyan DDS

Glendale Dentist