Hair implant.

I want to ask about the possible donor aeras for head baldness can we use chest hair or any other aears insted of head back aera ? Thank you.

Body #hair can it be used for #hairtransplant?

the hair characteristics and cycles genetically are different at different parts of body. Some doctors use body hair as a last resort in cases where the hair in the donor area on the scalp is very poor,  With patient understanding that the texture, hair growth, cycle of growth is different and may fall off.

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body hair can be use only as a filler

Hello.It is possible to use body hair. The characteristics of your body hair will remainbody hair. I personally use the body hair as a filler. I never use body hair to define the hairline because the difference on the type of hair can be noticeable. I have also recurred to the use of facial hair and it has work quite good. I leave you with an example in this video of one of my patients who had facial hair transplanted to his head.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Non-scalp donor areas

Chest hair does not work as well as scalp hair because the growth cycle is short and it will not have the thickness nor the length of scalp donor hair from the back of the head

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Body hair transplant from beard or chest to scalp is possible. However scalp hair is usually the primary choice for donor hair.

Body hair transplant from beard or chest to scalp is possible.  However scalp hair is usually the primary choice for donor hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon