Should I cut my hair in the 8th month after a hair transplant surgery?

I asked a question couple days ago about how much time does the hair grow after a transplant surgery, im on my 8th and a doctor said that i should cut it on this time, so should i cut it all because i haven't since the surgery.. and to some of you suggesting i should contact my doctor.. well unfortunately he passed away months ago and i called the hospital and they couldn't help, that's why I'm asking you here! So can you please help. Thank you.

Haircut following hair transplant

You can get a haircut at anytime following the surgery. There is absolutely nothing to worry especially at this time.

India Hair Restoration Surgeon

You can cut your hair any time you wish. Cutting your hair nothing to do with hair growth. If you are concerned it is best

You can cut your hair any time you wish.  Cutting your hair nothing to do with hair growth.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  If you cannot contact your doctor that would be a bad sign.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

At 8 months

by this time you can do whatever you please to your new hair. Enjoy your result with whatever style you please.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Cutting hair after hair transplant

A haircut will not affect the regrowth of your follicles.  It is ok to proceed with having your hair cut at this time.  Once the scalp has fully healed after a transplant the existing hairs can be cut.  

Cutting hair after transplant

You can harmonize your hair cut the very next day after the surgery and dye your hair two weeks after the procedure. So, yes, you can cut your hair in the 8th month after your surgery.

Jean Devroye, MD
Belgium Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cutting Hair After Hair Transplant

Thank you for your question.  After your hair transplant surgery, the implanted hair should fall out between 2-6 weeks, after this period you can do as you please.  Go ahead and cut your hair. 

All The Best 

8 months after a hair transplant

At 8 months after a hair transplant you can do anything you want, cut your hair, shave your head, stand on your head. You should be completely back to normal now

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon