Is my clitoris normal? It looks like it has two tails? (photos)

I know a clitoris the external part of it is round , mine seems like it has two little sides sticking out of it , sensitive and can be lifted kinda. Whats that between my labias minora ?

Two Tails

Those are the clitoral frenulae! Most doctors who do trim labiaplasty will cut right through these sensitive extensions of the clitoris (YIKES)! It's important that your doctor knows anatomy and doesn't just do an amputation!

Is Clitoris Normal?

The clitoris attaches to the labia minora with a bridge of tissue on each side, called a frenulum. This is part of the normal anatomy of the clitoris.For information about labiaplasty basics, click on the link below.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Is my clitoris normal? It looks like it has two tails?

Thank you for your question and photographs. There is a wide variation in the size and appearance of a women's anatomy, and your clitoris falls well within normal. These two tails you describe are part of the clitoral frenulum and run on either side of the clitoris to join with your clitoral hood tissues and your labia minora.  Hope that this helps.

Clitoris: Anatomy

Thank you for your question and photographs.  There are many normal variations of the normal clitoris and clitoral hood.  Based on the photographs, your anatomy appears normal, but a physical examination would be able to confirm the anatomy. I hope that this helps.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Frenulum

Dear Arya
The rest of the surgeons on this page are correct those area are called frenulum and these are indeed normal. However if you ever get a labia reduction you need a surgeon who understands that you can taper the frenulum and contour them into the clitoris.  I do agree you would not want to amputate them completely because this will make your clitoris look like it is just hanging out without support and would look clumsy.  But contrary to others who tell you they can cut them.............they can be cut/ gently and tapered so the ease into the clitoris at the time of labiaplasty
John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic VAginal SurgeonAtlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Clitoris

I believe you're referring to the clitoris in the upper part of your genital area that is between your labia minora. It is just a bit difficult to evaluate because you have a lot of redundant tissue in the area around this, excess tissue that is normally trimmed during a labiaplasty procedure. The two sides sticking out of your clitoris are the frenulum and are indeed sensitive; definitely keep them intact during a labiaplasty. You are definitely a candidate for the procedure I pioneered called the True Labiaplasty. See link below for more details. Good luck. 

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Your clitoris and labia minora are completely normal

You have a mild natural exposure of the head of the clitoris (clitoral glans). This is normal. It is supposed to be round. The "little sides" are the branches of the frenulum of the labia minora and they are normal too.

Yes, your clitoris is entirely normal!

Attached to the bottom of the "head" of the clitoris (the "glans") are two strands of tissue, the "frenulum") that travel down to become part of the beginning of the labia minora, That's what you're seeing. They are healthy & normal! Enjoy.
Michael P Goodman,, MDDavis, CA, USA