How long do I keep the tape on over my absorbable stitches after a Breast augmentation?

I got my breast augmentation yesterday and I forgot to ask how long I needed to keep the tape on for my stiches to let them heal ??

Thank you for your question. I would suggest you run this question by your
plastic surgeon given that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care and
knows your situation  best. Each individual surgeon has their own post-operative
instructions. That being said, typically we advise our patients to try to not remove the tape for one week, at which time we will remove the tape during their one week follow up appointment. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic
surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you for your question.  The best advice is to always consult with your operating surgeon first when it comes toquestion on your post operative care and instructions.  That being said, typically we advise our patients to try to not remove the tape for one week, at which time we will remove the tape during their one week follow up appoinment.

Best regrds,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Breast augmentation post op care

Best regrds,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Post op Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Recommendations for removal vary from surgeon to surgeon so it's best to contact your plastic surgeon for his/ her recommendation. Best of luck with your recovery,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Post op Breast Augmentation

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Tapes

Thanks for your question.  There is no unanimous answer to this question.  I take my tapes off at the one week visit.  I suggest you call the office and ask your surgeon what is their preference.  Good luck!

Tapes

Breast Augmentation incision

My patients leave  the tape on until it falls off on its own. Check with your surgeon for his or her instructions. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation incision

Management of the postop incision after a breast augmentation.

This is a question that should be only answered by your plastic surgeon. In my own practice the patients leave them in place until late fall off of their own accord usually in four or five days.

Post op care

This is definitely a question I would ask you plastic surgeon as everyone has a different opinion and a reason for that opinion. How you heal in the first several weeks can also impact the decisions. Check with you plastic surgeon for specifics. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

Post op care

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

Breast Augmentation Recovery

I see my patients the day after breast augmentation and change their dressing. I ask them to shower and use neosporin ointment for 2-3 days. We start scar cream at 4 weeks and the patients use for three months. All patients do things a little differently so err on the conservative side. 

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Tape on stitches

Please call your plastic surgeons office and ask them to review your post-op instructions.   Best of luck

Tape on stitches