Concerned on what would be better to get my nose or chin? (photos)

I went in for a consult about a sliding genioplasty and the plastic surgeon suggested I do my nose instead. What bothers me is I feel like my nose points out when looking at the sides of my face. My nose is crooked and I was told that it's almost impossible to fix. Needing some help on what would best benefit my face a nose job or sliding genioplasty? Also if you can recommend good plastic surgeons known for a nose job in my area please let me know! Thank you!

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Concerned.....Nose or chin?

It seems that your chin bothers you more since you have seen a surgeon about having it corrected.  As to a Rhinoplasty, most crooked noses can be made much straighter with Rhinoplasty.  But it is true, rarely perfectly straight.  That is not to say it should be avoided though since most patients are quite pleased with the straightening that can occur.  Straightening your nose would only be one aspect to be addressed.  I rarely do a Rhinoplasty with correction of only specific deformity.  Without better pictures it is hard to comment on imperfections of the bridge or the bridge height.  It may be rotation of the tip, which is the same as length of the bridge, could be improved.  It may also be with better pictures the tip is over projecting or maybe that is just relative since your chin is so small. I wouldn't shy away from Rhinoplasty in the future if there are enough aspects that bother you.  It could be addressed at the same time as the chin or at a later time.  Clearly the best decisions are made with an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with special interest in Rhinoplasty.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD