How long does Brazilian butt lift recovery take? What suggestions do you have if I work in an office sitting down?

Brazilian Butt Lift recovery and going back to work in office setting.

Most patients can be back at work after 1 week of recovery from the Brazilian Butt Lift. But the important part in this case is to not sit down or put pressure on your new bottom. We recommend patients to not sit down directly on their buttocks for 2 weeks. After two weeks you can begin using the boppy pillow to allow you sit which puts support on your legs instead of your buttocks. 

How long does Brazilian butt lift recovery take? What suggestions do you have if I work in an office sitting down

Thank you for your question. My patients use the boppy/booty pillow for 2-3 weeks. Sit upright when going to the bathroom. I would 2 weeks after your procedure for prolonged sitting. Discuss with your Surgeon your Post op instructions and follow his recommendations. Best wishes

BBL Recovery and the Office Setting

Hello! And thank you for the question.

The usual recovery time to get back to an office setting is 7-10 days. Constant or excessive pressure can damage or kill the fat cells, leading to decreased survival and a less than optimal result for your Brazilian Butt Lift. I ask my patients to avoid direct pressure for at least a week. I also recommend garments that have no compression on the butt and have special inserts to help shape the butt. After a week to 10 days, patients are instructed to use special pillows and pads when sitting to distribute the pressure so that flat areas and depressions are avoided. As they heal, I give patients instructions to gradually return to more and more activity.

BBl recovery

I appreciate your question.

I recommend about 2 weeks off of work and to avoid sitting as much as possible for 4-6 weeks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Recovery from a fat transfer to the buttocks procedure

You should avoid direct sitting for at least four weeks after surgery. Most patients will take off about one to two weeks from work to recover. If you have to sit during work, patients call use a pillow or cushion and direct most of the weight on their thighs, not buttocks, during sitting. I would recommend looking into the BBL Pillow, which you can find online. It's a firm, black foam pillow that is useful for sitting after this type of surgery when you go back to your office.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL Recovery

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. I would suggest at least 2 weeks off work, and the next month sitting intermittently on a donut pillow, avoiding putting pressure on your buttocks as much as possible. If you put pressure on them, you would not only compromise the result, you would compromise the blood flow which is not advisable. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Please discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL recovery

Most likely you will be wearing a postoperative compression garment, after 4-5 days
of recovery intermittent sitting is acceptable as long as there is no pain.

Make sure you have chosen a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and
a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

BBL Recovery

Every patient may have small differences that make the recovery shorter or longer. In average I ask my patients to avoid sitting on their buttocks for the first 2 weeks, and then after that time, if you sit on your work, sit over a memory foam pillow to avoid too much pressure on just one spot. To go back to exercise you need about 1 month.

Brazilian butt lift recovery information.

Hello nungarayg,
Thanks for your question.
The initial recovery from BBL is 1-2 weeks where you are dealing with the pain, swelling, and bruising.  After that, your activities normalize, but you should typically wait to exercise or put full pressure onto the areas that had the fat injected.  My patients wait 6 weeks.  They lie on their sides or their stomachs.  If they have to sit, they lean forward to unweight the buttocks.  A pillow under the thighs and hips can take direct pressure off the buttocks.  Sometimes, a hemorrhoid donut pillow helps.
I have my patients on a fat grafting diet that is high carb with good fats like fish oil and nuts to make sure their is good uptake of the fat into the new location.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL recovery

In my practice, patients are returning to light duty work within 5-7 days. Off narcotic medications in 5-7 days.  Resume specific exercises at week 3, and full unrestricted activities at 8 weeks.  Prolonged sitting is discouraged.  Especially on hard chairs.  For 8 weeks.  I don't restrict anyone from sitting, or require sleeping on their stomach.  
Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr Morales
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD