Will I benefit from liposuction and abdominal etching? (Photo)

I want to get lipo and abdominal etching. Am i a canidate for either procedure.

My recommended procedure for masculine type abdominal obesity?

Thank you for sharing your problem on realself.
Looking at your photos there is a great likelihood that the abdominal bulge mainly stems from fat which is deep to your belly muscles and around the intestines e.g. Intraabdominal fat.

This kind of fat is not suitable for liposuction and my best recommendation for you is to reduce this fat through diet and sport and if these want help consider one of the weight loss operation options (e.g. gastric banding)

Good luck with your quest for a better body.

Boaz Aman M.D

Tel Aviv Plastic Surgeon

Will I benefit from liposuction and abdominal etching?

Liposuction will almost certainly improve you to some degree.  An exam will help to determine how much this improvement may be.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and has hundreds of pictures and reviews.

Beverly Hills, CA

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

you do not look like a candidate for etching because you have a lot of visceral fat below your muscle but you need a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Liposuction will give you improvement but will likely not give you the "six pack" look. you have to go to go to a certified 4D VASER HI DEF Trainer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hello, thanks for posting your pictures, as other colleagues have told you already, it seems that mostly your problem is intra abdominal fat, which is not liposuctionable. I suggest to have a dairy and gluten free diet with small protein based meals six times a day, and some cardio workouts in order to help you. Have an in person consultation so you discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Good luck!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Abdomen

You would need to be examined. There is some question of how much intra-abdominal or visceral fat you have based on your photos. Only subcutaneous fat can be suctioned, and if you are harboring a lot of visceral fat, liposuction will do very little for you.
Go visit a few qualified surgeons in your area.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction - am I a good candidate?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry to be discouraging but -
  • Although an exam is needed to be sure, your photo suggests that liposuction may not be of much benefit.
  • It appears that you (like many men) carry much of your fat internall -
  • This means the fat is NOT under the skin where liposuction can remove it -
  • Instead it is probably deep inside, around the liver and other internal organs.
  • This fat can only be reduced with weight loss - not liposuction.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Who should get liposuction

first let me tell you that my practice is solely devoted to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

In other words this is all I do and I do lots of it.

i'm the only plastic surgeon that I know of in the San Francisco Bay area who has devoted his practice exclusively to liposuction.

Based on your picture you're not a particularly good candidate for liposuction and certainly not etching.

it appears your main problem is intra-abdominal fat.

This is fat around your internal organs also referred to as visceral fat.

The only way to lose that type of fat is through WeightLoss.

The fat removed from liposuction is called subcutaneous fat.

Basically Latin for fist below your skin.

liposuction would not reduce the size of your abdomen.

Should you have liposuction with etching you will have a beer belly with strange appearing lines on your abdomen.

I'm sorry if I'm blunt with my words but I want to emphasize the inappropriateness of this procedure for you.

A few thoughts on the weight loss.
While liposuction is generally not prescribed as a treatment for obesity most patients will get liposuction are somewhat overweight.
From having met thousands of people interested in liposuction I have had ample opportunity to talk to many people about their struggle with weight.
A few repeating patterns seemed to emerge.
Perhaps the most common one is people not eating frequently enough. Losing weight by not eating is a fallacy. In reality we tend to over eat when we eat after having gone hungry.
Another common misunderstanding is the relationship between weight and exercise. Most patients are not successful at losing weight by exercising without changes in diet. Weight is 90% diet. Exercise has to do with fitness.
Think of diet and exercise as two separate entities with two separate purposes.
That said I encourage everyone to exercise on a regular basis.
The majority of people get hungry from working out and tend to over eat afterwords. Sometimes feeling justified to do so after a strenuous workout.
The number of calories burned during a typical workout session is far less than people believe.
Any successful weight reduction program has to be based on permanent change. Any temporary diet plan will ultimately fail if not followed by permanent changes in behavior.
Understand the role that insulin plays in obesity and what causes insulin surges. If you read the late Dr. Atkins book you will learn that his obsession was with controlling insulin much more so than with eliminating carbohydrates.
Learn what glycemic index and glycemic load's are. Avoid eating meals that give a high glycemic load. This is somewhat similar to saying avoid eating large carbohydrate based meals though understanding what foods constitute as bad carbohydrate meals is critical. This will be learned after mastering the concepts of glycemic index and glycemic load.
Here are my rules to keep weight under control.
1. Never go hungry
2. Never eat a large meal.
3. Never, never, never eat a large meal when your hungry.
4. Avoid large carbohydrate based meals.
5. Don't expect exercise to get your weight down and don't blame the lack of exercise for not being able to maintain your weight.
6. Step on the scale every day after you get out of the shower in the morning.
7. Except weight fluctuations. None of us stay at the same weight or continue to go down in weight. Don't beat yourself up if you gained a few pounds. It's the long term, rest of your life, progress that matters.
I hope that is of some help.
Good luck,
Mats Hagstrom

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Abdominal Lipo for a Male

You may be a good candidate for liposuction however an exam will best determine how much of your fat is stored internally and not accessible to the liposuction procedure.  This is the "unhealthy" fat that is best treated by diet and exercise.  In a consultation your doctor can determine the distribution between internal and subcutaneous fat for you.  Good luck!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. 

You do Appear to be a candidate for lipo. 

Only an an in person consult will reveal how much fat can be removed. 

The key is to find a experienced board certified plastic surgeon with much experience with cases such as yours. 

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills,Ca

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Liposuction - Intra-abdominal fat?

Thank you for your question. Intra-abdominal fat is located beneath your abdominal wall muscles around your organs. Liposuction can treat the fat in the space between your skin and abdominal wall, thus will not treat intra-abdominal fat. A strict diet and exercise program are the most effective methods to achieve this. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring is necessary to determine which options are most appropriate to help you achieve your goals. Hope this helps.