I am 38 yrs old w/ 7 kids, 133 lbs, 5'5", 2 c sections. Would I be a candidate for Tummy tuck, breast augmentation, BBL? (photo)

Would I be a candidate and what is the cost for all three procedures?

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover

Yes, you look to be an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover. It's impossible to give you a cost as they vary from state to state and surgeon to surgeon. I would advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (see link below) and schedule a consultation. The office will walk you through the pricing options. Also, keep in mind, that you probably won't be able to have all of the surgeries at the same time. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy tuck, breast augmentation and BBL

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• You are probably a good candidate for all 3 procedures.
  • You appear to have either a very large diastasis (separation) of the muscle or a hernia or both.
  • If the hernia is large, you may not be able to have all the surgery at one time.
  • Otherwise they can be done together.
  • Please discuss with your surgeon the use of Exparel to reduce your muscle pain -
  • It will reduce your risks by having you out of bed easily right after surgery.
  • Combining the procedures has a difficult recovery -
  • Ideally you would do the BBL later if possible.
  • For cost, please find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon whom you trust - and then discuss cost.
  • Selecting the cheapest surgeon tends to put you in the hands of a surgeon who is not qualified to do the surgery well or safety.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  The cost varies from surgeon to surgeon but you appear to be a worthy candidate for the procedures mentioned.  Please be sure that your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the procedures that you want to have performed.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tummy tuck

You seem to have significant muscle separation and a belly button hernia.  The loose skin and muscle would be corrected with a tummy tuck and likely a very nice result.  The BBL requires a lot of fat to make much difference in buttock projection, that you don't have.  Some improvement could be provided, however.  You may find that just the tummy with lipo will give you a satisfactory result.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Mommy makeover

Yes absolutely a great candidate for the mommy makeover. It can all be done safely at once, as long as you are in good health. You will need to be seen first so that we can determine,if you may have a hernia that can sometimes be covered by insurance. Consult with a board certified PS.

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA.

Mommy Makeover

Wow you've been working hard!  I can't tell without a face-to-face examination whether you need to lose some of your abdominal fat before proceeding, however if not you appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  It appears that there is fat in your hip roll area that could be transferred to your buttocks if you'd like.
I would warn you however that combining a TT with a full uplift and fat transfer adds to the risk of blood clots forming in your pelvis or legs and moving to your lungs.  Think carefully about too prolonged an anesthesia with seven children depending on you.  I usually recommend that my patients consider separating the three procedures into two separate anesthesias for greater safety though others would disagree.  Good luck in your decisions and enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Mommy makeover

Thanks for posting.  After examining you in person, one would be able to really give you a good idea of what is achievable.  Based on your photos, and my experience I would say this.  You have a umbilical hernia and some rectus diastasis, which is the bulge in the abdomen you get from pregnancy.  It looks pretty dramatic, unless you are just pushing out your belly in that picture.  You don't look like you have a lot of loose skin and fat on the front of your belly.  So an in office exam would help decide if you are a tummy tuck candidate.  You do look like some liposuction of the lower back, flanks, arms and maybe your thighs could help you look trimmer and give some fat up to use for the BBL.  You might not get a dramatic result in terms of size of the buttock, but I think it would definitely give you a modest to moderate improvement.  

I would suggest doing the BBL first to recruit as much fat as possible.  Then you would do the tummy tuck and breast implants at the second surgery.  If you do the tummy tuck first, then you lose some of the fat you could harvest for the BBL.  

Good Luck

I am 38 yrs old w/ 7 kids, 133 lbs, 5'5", 2 c sections. Would I be a candidate for Tummy tuck, breast augmentation, BBL?

You look like a great candidate for a Mommy Makeover (and repair of your bully button hernia), but I don't see enough fat for the BBL. If someone advises you to gain weight for the BBL, give that some serious consideration as an indication NOT to do that. Any fat from weight gain that is transferred to your buttocks will simply disappear when you get back to your good weight and you spent all that money for nothing!

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mommy makeover and BBL

You look like a great candidate for a mommy makeover and BBL.  Ideally the procedure would be done in two separate surgeries, with the BBL done first.  You may need to gain some weight so that there is adequate fat to harvest for the BBL.

Best wishes for your surgery!

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon