How Can I Get More Cleavage?

I am pretty comfortable with the size of my breasts, but I really wish they were fuller in the upper pole so I would have more cleavage. I wouldn't mind maybe going up a cup size or two (currently a 32C), but my main concern is increasing my cleavage.

Breast Implants usually improve cleavage, but it depends

I know answers like "it depends" are not the most pleasing, but it is the truth. Making cleavage depends to an extent upon your anatomy -- how wide is your breast bone, the angle of your ribs on your chest, etc. Some women are able to have more cleavage produced with breast implants than others. Much of this is technical.

Larger implants and pocket modifications can usually produce more cleavage, but without knowing what you have in place or these other items it is difficult to hazard a guess. Some women need a breast lift to re-arrange the breast tissue as well to produce the best cleavage. This is uncommon though.

Sorting this out will take a visit to a good surgeon and time.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Achieving cleavage

Cleavage will be the result of placing implants that will appear close together in the middle of your chest. Achieveing this result can be accomplished via a variety of interventions discussed here. However, this depends heavily on your antatomy in addition to implant, size, placement, etc. To learn more schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgein

Interesting

I would have to say that an implant is in order. As implants increase in size, they tend to increase in projection more than projection. You may want to look into "low profile" implants which will give you larger diameter with less projection.

Silicone implants will tend to give less projection than similiar sized saline implants.

Hope this helps.

sek

Creating cleavage with implants

In order to create cleavage with implants you need to use an implant that is close to the maximum width your chest wall can handle. Also, depending on your anatomy, a moderate plus or high profile implant might be best. Some people cannot achieve the cleavage they want no matter what you do because of their own starting point so you should ask several qualified plastic surgeons whether you have the capacity to get what you want.

Cleavage

Cleavage is the space between your breasts, and it can be enhanced with breast augmentation to a certain extent. A breast lift can also help. However, if you were born with wide set breasts, then chances are your cleavage will not significantly improve with surgery. This all depends on the opinion of your board certified plastic surgeon.

Ronald Levine, MD

High profile breast implants give more cleavage

In my experience, high profile breast implants are more likely to increase breast cleavage than low profile breast implants.

The surgeon is also able to place the implants closer to the cleavage area and avoid creating the breast implant pocket too far laterally (toward the side). If the pocket is too large or too open on the sides, the implant is more likely to fall out toward the side of the chest and cleavage is lost.

Breast implants and cleavage

Hi!

1)  Breast implants have to be centered under your nipples.

2)  If your nipples point too far outward, then it is hard to increase cleavage with implants.

3)  Otherwise, breast implants will increase your cleavage.  And they can always give you upper fullness.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Increasing breast cleavage with implants

Increasing the amount of cleavage that you have can easily be done with breast implants. You don't have to get super large ones, just increasing the upper pole fullness of your breasts with a moderate size implants would most likely work well. Bring in some pictures from magazines or the internet of breasts and cleavage that you like to your plastic surgeon so that both of you have a good idea of your ideal shape. Good luck!

Getting more cleavage

Dear Bellakate02,

You state that your "main concern is increasing my cleavage" even though you are "pretty comfortable with the size of my breasts" but..."wouldn't mind maybe going up a cup size or two (currently a 32C), " AND " really wish they were fuller in the upper pole" .

Most people have differing visual an conceptual definitions of CLEAVAGE often NOT distinguishing between how the breasts look upright when the woman is NAKED VS. DRESSED - when the breasts pushed up and centrally by a bra, other device (IE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B67F5G/ref=asc_df_B000B67F5G887288/?tag=dealt396046-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B000B67F5G&linkCode=asn ). The difference is important.

Cleavage is dryly defined as "the depression, hollow or space between a woman's breasts, as revealed by a low-cut dress ". Also defined as :"The visible by-product when a woman wears a bra/corset/top that pushes her breasts together" by http://www.urbandictionary.com. By this definition CLEAVAGE is the view of breast "togetherness" when the breasts are supported NOT naked. Such cleavage can be increased easily by various tops and bras and in a more complicated way by wide-based implants which encroach on the midline AND higher projecting implants which provide more implant height. The problem is that not all women's existing anatomy will permit use of such implants.

Several factors GREATLY influence how your implants will look on you.

Some of these are: The amount of your chest tabletop flatness AND extent of your chest slope (most men have flatter chests while women have varying degrees of chest flatness and lateral angulation (like the appearance of the keel of a boat or bird chest)) - If a wide implant is placed in such a woman, it will literally slip and slide off the side of the chest and we have ALL seen such results at the beach or the pool. If the surgeon attempts to lift the muscles too much centrally to allow implants to almost meet one another, the two pockets may merge forming a UNI-BREAST (symmastia) which is very hard to fix.

In summary, your particular anatomy would largely dictate the size of the implants that can be used safely and which would produce a pleasing, sexy result. Pushing the envelope with larger implants or over enlarging the pockets centrally often results in ugly results which are challenging if not impossible to fix.

I hope this was helpful.

Breast implants will enhance upper pole fullness and cleavage within limits

A breast implant will enhance your existing cleavage. This is easy to demonstrate if you stand infront a mirror and apply pressure on the breast directed medially.Upper pole fullness will be acheived with any implant. It is important to be realistic when it comes to cleavage. Your anatomy will also determine this. Best of luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS