Black filling in mole. Just wondering when that will go away?

I just had a raised mole removed on the side of my neck and it seems the doctor filled the hole with some type of black stuff because the hole and surrounding area is black. Just wondering when that will go away?

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned about a mole.  These can be removed easily in the office.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Black filling in mole

Thank you for your question.  Without a photograph to offer definite advice, your physician may have used electrocautery to control any bleeding that developed as a result of removing the mole.  As your body heals from the inside out this black material will slowly come off.  Hang in there and follow your surgeon's care instructions.