Breast lift and implants or breast lift alone? (Photo)

How do you know what is the best option for you?

Breast lift and implants or breast lift alone?

I rarely do breast lifts without implants. I tell my patients that their upper poles will be as flat after a lift as they were before. Some surgeons claim that they can reposition breast tissue to provide upper fullness. I don't believe that this is consistently achievable, especially in the medium and long term. I believe that an implant is needed to provide the upper pole fullness that nearly every patient expects to see after aesthetic breast surgery. For this reason I place at least a small implant with nearly every breast lift. All the best.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants or just a lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• This is an excellent question.
  • Implants are done with a lift for two reasons.
  • If you want to be larger.
  • Or if you want upper fullness in the breast -
  • Even the best lift won't give that upper fullness.
  • From your photo, your size seems fine but you do need a lift.
  • If in fact your breasts are smaller than they seem in the photo and you want them larger, or if upper fullness is really important for you, then an implant can be done at the same time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast enhancement options

There are many options available for breast enhancement:

• Breast lift alone
  • Breast lift with breast implants (1 procedure)
  • Breast lift followed by breast implants (2 procedures)
  • Breast Implants alone

The final decision is made after a detailed consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgery.  A history and physical examination will be followed by photographs, measurements, computer simulation and a plan to achieve the best possible results.

Based on the photographs submitted, there is grade 2 ptosis with large breasts that are equal in size.  A small breast reduction or lift would probably be the best choice.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Based on the pictures only, at least a lift can be done. You may not need an implant but that is determined by the amount of breast fullness you want. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Lift With Implants or Lift Alone

Implants and No Lift

This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Now, as to whether or not you should gain implants with your lift that would be up to you and the examination you receive during consultation. If you decide that you would like to have a slightly increased size or improved contour with the implant, then it would be best to discuss all of these options with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Breast lift with or without implant

From your photos a breast lift alone would be the best option. Adding an implant to larger breasts will add weight and contribute to further sagging. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best plan for you.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on the extent of your breast pseudoptosis, a breast lift would be needed in addition to implants for optimal results.  Placing only implants in this situation increases the risk for a double bubble deformity.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift

I do not have the nipple to sternal notch measurement but most likely a lift would be your best option. You have a fair amount of droop. You also have a good size. Therefore a lift would be the best option. If you are relatively happy in a push bra, then the size is not an issue but the droop is and the answer is a breast lift.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs lift and implant

Thanks for your question and photos. The only reason to get implants is if you want bigger breasts. In my opinion, you have plenty of breast tissue and do not need implants. But that is your decision. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD