Worried about bottoming out? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation done 10 weeks ago. 450cc under muscle, saline. My breast feel great, normal. I am worried that the right breast ( without the beauty marks) is possibly bottoming out. Not sure as it is lower than the other. Does this look within normal range?

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

It is common to have different women's implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. So does the skill of your plastic surgeon, size of breast implants, saline and silicone settle differently, skin quality and activity levels. You are still early so give it some more time. It may take 2-4 months to really see where you are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Breast Augmentation

Bottoming out

From what I can see in the pictures it does not appear that you are bottoming out. Your post augmentation appearance and differences between your breasts are consistent with you preoperative photo / asymmetries. Discuss your concerns with you surgeon. 

Bottoming Out?

Thank you for the question and the photographs.  Please continue to wear a bra that provides good support and follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and a discussion of your concerns.  Best wishes.

Bottoming out?

The two breasts are definitely different to begin with.  I would follow with your surgeon to be followed closely.  It just might be normal asymmetry.

Not bottoming out

From what I can see in your pictures, you had a good result with your breast enlargement, and there is no particular evidence of bottoming out.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out after breast augmentation

Good question and thank you for submitting it. My patients are instructed to allow full healing and wear the surgical bra after breast augmentation to let the capsule fully form. Your pictures don;t seem to be evident of this problem. The supportive bra can prevent or limit many of the problems associated with implant malposition.   

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Am I bottoming out

By looking at the pictures that you included, in your preoperative picture the right information decrease has a very obtuse angle to the chest wall compared to the acute angle on the left breast. This has been magnified with implants. Follow up with your operating surgeon and where a good supportive bra early on to keep the implant for migrating too low in the pocket. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Bottoming out?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While pictures cannot take the place of an in-person evaluation it would appear as though the deformity you are troubled by, the lower right fold being lower, was present in the pre-operative picture. Continue to wear a bra that provides good support and follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and a discussion of your concerns. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Bottoming out?

From your pre-operative photos, it appears your right breast fold was slightly lower to begin with.  Your implants look like they are resting at a symmetrical position.  Wear a good support bra to help take the pressure off of the inframammary fold and address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.