Can we just touch the tip of the nose w/o adding a dorsal graft when there is a polly beak after original Rhinoplasty?(photo)

My surgeons told my that in my revision rinoplasty he can only retouch the tip of my nose. Reduce the cartilage and cut the tissus if there's some and after inject cortisone. Do a really need a dorsal graft in my case?

Revision rhinoplasty

Based solely on you photos, you might be best served by treating the lower 1/3-2/3's of your nose with some dorsal septal cartilage lowering and tip work. Best of luck.

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak etc.

you may be able to get what you would like with excision of excess cartilage in the lower half of your nose and slight advancement of the tip. If you do not like your bridge this can be augmented with septal Cartilage is well. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon if you are unhappy with your primary surgeon 

The choice of a dorsal onlay graft during revision rhinoplasty will be up to you.

Your photos are limited, but they reveal thin nasal skin, an acute nasolabial angle, and a "pollybeak". Your bridge may be a bit low, but the necessity for dorsal augmentation will depend on your examination and your preferences. Your surgeon may be able to show you profile photos both with and without a graft so you can make a decision that might be best for you. If you're uncomfortable, it never hurts consulting with another revision rhinoplasty specialist. Wishing you well. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Poly beak deformity

It is hard to be sure what the true cause of the poly beak is without properly examining your nose, but it appears that what your surgeon is suggesting should help you resolve the problem. The photos you posted do not appear to show an over resection of the bony dorsum so a dorsal graft is not really necessary. The poly beak in your case is likely secondary to a slight excess of dorsal septum height or soft tissue (or both). Good luck, I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon