Scar after breast augmentation (Photo)

Hi there, I have. A question about scarring It's been almost 1 year since my surgery and my scars look exactly the same ... dark red and it's so visible and ugly I'm really not happy about them .. and I feel like if my doctor thinks it's normal and didn't prescribe no creams or told me to do anything .. what should I do about it... I have a appointment in February but I fell like he won't do anything to help .. any suggestions?

Scar after BA

The scar is normally treated with Silicone sheets which is available in most pharmacies and there are are endless scar creams that can also help you.

I find Rosa Mosquita oil massage 3 times daily  very effective.Its an abstract of a flower best produced in Brazil.You can hunt on net and order it.

Wish you all the best.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend for scar treatment to use daily scar creams or silicone strips. Apply high factor sunscreen to the areas when outside and refrain from having them exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time. If you are not satisfied with the appearance of your scars after using the creams or silicone strips then you may want to consider having them lasered to further reduce the appearance. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon