Rhinoplasty and Lip lift together? (photos)

I want a Lip lift and a rhinoplasty, dec 16' or Jan 17' max, Im looking for a Dr. in Quebec Or Ontario Ideally. My philtrum is very long, from side upper lips looks very thin and flat. Lower lip is too low showing lower teeth and gums. Simple rhinoplasty to correct asymetry and bump. I want to find a better balance in my face that actually looks too long, Please suggestions? Is my chin weak? What would help for achieving a better balance, I love my face (except lips) but theres something weird!!

Rhinoplasty and fillers

I do not think you need a lip lift. You might want to consider fillers to plump the lip a bit. A rhinoplasty seems reasonable.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from spreader grafts to help straighten your nose and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  I would recommend lip fillers instead of a lip lift, which can leave an unfavorable scar.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty: sure. Chin implant: probably. See the morph I made. Lip lift: naah.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_Lapinblanc.html

I made a computer morph of your nose and chin, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I tried to overall make your nose smaller, and your chin larger. I elevated the tip up, lowered the tiny bump on the bridge of the nose, and brought the entire nose back closer to your face.

Then, I simulated putting in a small chin implant.

Your lip is fine, and I wouldn't do a lip lift. Maybe you just notice that measurement of the body more than most people do, and you're more examining and critical of it, but not a good idea.

From the front, your nose is off to the side, too, and that can be partially, but not 100%, addressed at the time of making the other changes.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph, although they seem small, require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and lip lift

Thank you for the question and the photos. I think that you would benefit from a conservative rhinoplasty to address your nasal concerns. You are a good candidate for a chin implant to better balance your face and this could be done at the same time as the rhinoplasty. As for the lip lift, this can leave a conspicuous scar, and you should discuss the risks and benefits with your surgeon first. Fillers are a good alternative to enhance your lips and starting there may give you the augmentation you are seeking without a scar. 

Dr.Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon