Paradoxal Hyperplasia at second treatment possible?

Hi ! I had Coolsculpting done 4 months ago and I'm thinking about having another area treated in a near future. My question is : If I was "lucky" not to have paradoxal hyperplasia after my first treatment, does it mean that I won't have it after any future treatment ? Am I somewhat "excluded" from that risk because my body reacted well the first time ? Thank you, have a nice day ! :)

Hyperplasia

Whenever something is done there is inherent risk.  This has not been extensively studied, but appears to be a rare complication. So although it is fairly unlikely that you will have that issue it can never be entirely excluded.  Good luck with your continued treatments.  

Livingston Physician

Should be in the clear

Thanks for the great question. Although anything is possible, having had one successful treatment without getting hyperplasia means you should be in the clear for additional treatments, however there isn't much data on this. Best of luck on your next treatment!

~Dr. Sieber

Paradoxal Hyperplasia and Coolsculpting

This is extremely rare, so chances are very good that you won't have complications. Keep in mind that Coolsculpting works best in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra with Z wave/Cellutone.  HI DEF LIPO is really the only treatment to get rid of this PAH.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Rare coolsculpting adverse reaction

Paradoxical Hyperplasia is a very rare event.  There is little data on the subject but I have not seen any suggestions as to how to predict if one has a propensity to develop it.  I would not expect it to be a problem for you especially with no history of past sequela. Thanks and enjoy your treatment. 

Dr. Berdy

Jack Berdy, MD
New York Physician

Paradoxical hyperplasia from Coolsculpting

Since this is a rare entity, there is very little data on it. It is about 1 in 10,000. Chances are that you won't get it. I think that you are at a higher risk if you had it occur in prior treatments. Zimmer Z Wave and CoolAdvantage give faster and better results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD