Pain on the side I did not really have before after 15 days post op of anchor lifting?

I am 15 days post op of a lifting without augmentation. The anchor technic . most of the steristreeps are still very much in place. for about 3 days now i fell they are more soft and but at the same time on the far side where the skin is all purple i feel a sensation of heat and burning but there is no bump. At the same time there is no pain on the on the cut at all and no leaking thru the steristreep but i always smell something. Is it normal

Pain afetr 15 days post op

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well!! with just 15 days post op you have to be in constantly contact with your surgeon, is good to always good to show to our dr. what is going on with our healing process. I recommend to make an apointmet for a personal evalaution.

Good luck :)

Breast lift post-op

I think that you need to show this to your surgeon so that he can make an assessment after a thorough physical exam.  I can't tell by your description alone.

Post-Op Healing and Pain

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If you find yourself worried about pain and the healing process it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon for another examination to make sure that the area is healing well.

Post Breast Lift

It is not uncommon to still have some discomfort. As time goes on and you start being more active, you will feel a variety of sensations(for example shooting pain that comes and goes). Share your concerns with your surgeon, there may be a very logical explanation for what you are experiencing. In addition, it may be time to remove the steristrips which will allow you to examined the incision properly and make sure there is no infection.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD