Can someone else do a second nose job after 14 years on thick skin to make the nose more delicate?

I did my bulbous nose about 15 years ago to remove the "ball" at the tip of my nose. After surgery the ball was still there but it was "refined" as it was straight under my nose instead of rounded there and the doctor made somewhat of a gap on the bridge.I went back to see him and he says my skin is too thick to make the tip fine but he could "lift it up a bit" for 900$ to help me...I am discouraged. Is that true? That nobody can make the tip nice and delicate because I have think skin? .

Revision Rhinoplasty

Yes, you can definitely visit another facial plastic surgeon for a secondary or revision rhinoplasty. It is important to schedule a consultation with your prospective surgeon to discuss your first rhinoplasty surgery. Make sure you have all the surgical information from your previous plastic surgeon. This will help your new plastic surgeon make the appropriate changes to your nose. Many patients visit a new facial plastic surgeon if they feel dissatisfied with their primary rhinoplasty. I recommend finding a board certified facial plastic surgeon who shares the same aesthetic idea as you as well as a good track record of revision rhinoplasty procedures.

Thick skinned nose revision rhinoplasty

It is true that it is very difficult to achieve a well defined tip in a thick skinned nose. However, improvements can be made by using cartilage grafts, removing old scar tissue and then using monthly steroid shots to prevent scar tissue from building up. RegardsDr J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon