How long would it take to recover from a combination breast lift (no implants) and tummy tuck w/ or w/o suturing?

I am 28 years old, have had no children, and lost 119lbs in six years. I do MMA full time and want to build a career from it. My concern with the surgeries is the scarring and the time off I'll have to take. I have had sagging breasts since puberty and want a breast lift but I don't want implants because I like my size (D-Cup). Because I am active I am hoping that I won't need muscle suturing but I want to know how long it will take to recover from having both surgeries done the same day.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

When combined with a skin only tummy tuck I recommend 2 weeks off of work and 4 weeks total recovery 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I would not recommend that you return to any strenuous activity for at least 6 weeks following your procedures.

Hello dear, thanks for your questions and provided information as well.. I recommend you to wait until you completely heal to resume your normal activities. Besides that, the healing process of the patient depend's on the patient, after a month all the patient's start to feel well from lipo, but breasts doesn't hurt that bad.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift and TT recovery

Normally I tell my patients  that after a breast lift and tummy tuck  that they should plan to take about two weeks off from work.  Everyone's a little different so I have had some that are able to work before that and some may need a little bit more time but it gives you a general idea. Also it will be about six weeks before you're able to exercise  without restrictions. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing for Combined Breast Lift and TT

For the breast lift there are some key points to the start of healing:

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days. There is also the chance that it could take months for the cars to settle completely and for any swelling to completely go away.

For the tummy tuck healing it is very similar, considering the fact that swelling can last for months sometimes, and that there is also the potential for a long time needed for scars to settle completely. Good luck.

Time to recover from a MM?

The answer to your question depends on many variables. First, as mentioned before, rates of healing vary from person to person. Type of breast lift and TT also affects recovery. Whenever muscle is involved, healing may take a bit longer. For instance, The Horndeski Method breast lift incorporates the chest muscles to prolong the life of the lift and to increase cleavage without breast implants. Likewise, with a TT, plication of the abdominal muscles ensure a flatter tummy and improve longevity of results. Care must be taken to allow muscles to heal before testing them with extreme workouts or activities. Giving your body time to heal itself protects your investment. THM breast lift has also eliminated the vertical component of standard lifts so the skin healing is much quicker than the conventional vertical scar or anchor (which usually dehisce or come apart). Less incisions = less scarring. I've attached a short video of THM breast lift so you can see what can now be achieved with more current breast lifting technology. The patient in this video did not have implants and does not have a vertical incision. Incisions are hidden at the breast crease and around the areolas. I hope this helps.  

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Surgery recovery

Everyone heals at a different rate.  Most can go back to light duty within 1-2 weeks but strenuous exercise should be avoided for at least 6-8 weeks.