Incision still red and burning sensation on touch?

I had my breast augmentation 8 months ago (550 cc silicone mentor high profile) my incision Still hurt when i touch them (burning sensation ) Please help !!

Hypertrophic scarring...

You seem to have a hypertrophic scar and will need to see your plastic surgeon for treatment. Silicone and pressure dressing are the first line of treatment, but surgical scar revision may be in your future.

Speak with your plastic surgeon about these options. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort following her breast augmentation.  Based on the photo provided it appears that you have a hypertrophic scar.  This should be treated.  The most effective treatment is a combination of IPL (intense pulsed light) and 1549 ablative fractional erbium laser treatments. I would avoid steroid injections because steroid injections can cause widening of the scar, thinning of the skin and the appearance of small red blood vessels within the scar.  For more information please read below:

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description and photographs, you have a keloid scar that can be treated, with improvement of scar appearance and symptoms.  Judicious injection of steroids into the lesion may be very helpful in this regard. Scar revision surgery may also be an option. Best to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will have will have his/her own recommendations for you. Best wishes for improvement.

it looks like you may be developing keloid scars in the photo but without examining you it is difficult to be certain. In either case your scars shouldn't be causing those issues this far out from surgery. I'd suggest following up with your surgeon. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Scar Revision

Based on your photo, your surgeon may elect to redo the scar.  Discuss scar management with him.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD