Are the implant i choose, to big for my current breast, which will increase the chance of getting symmastia after the recovery?

I'm getting BA with saline implant at the end of july. I currently have 34Aor 34B depends on the bra. I'm thinking of getting Full cup C which means 300-330CC implants. I'm really afraid of symmastia post op I'm not looking to get high implant, i want them natural also and the major side effet thats is scaring me is symmastia. I'm not that petite, i have large shoulders, I'm 5 feet 4'' and i'm 130Lbs, Thank you !!

See your surgeon

Hello and thanks for your question. Your implant choice seems reasonable but breast measurements and an in person examination for implant sizing will help to narrow down your choices. 

Good luck. 

Implant selection

I can not tell you for sure whether your implants are too larger for you frame. For the average sized women of your height and weight, it is unlikely that a 300 cc implant will be too larger, but an exam in person is really key.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...
Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. ·         If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure ·         If you wish your clothes fit better ·         When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the size and shape of your breasts ·         To restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other Synmastia can occur when implants are close together after surgery..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Symmastia concern

Thank you for your question.  Symmastia results when the breast pocket is dissected too far towards the midline; this may occur with higher risk when using larger implants.  Be sure that you convey all your concerns to your surgeon and that you consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation - concerned about symmastia

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am so sorry but this isn't a question that can be answered on-line-
  • Because it requires an examination and measurements.
  • Implants that are too large can cause symmastia but are more likely to move to the side.
  • Symmastia is usually the result of the pocket being made too larger over the chest in an effort to create cleavage.
  • Discuss your concerns with your surgeon - to be sure your implants fit your chest and 
  • let him know how symmastia is a big concern for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Risk of symmastia

Thanks for your question! You are correct that increased implant size can increase risk of symmastia. However, he risk of symmatstia has much more to do with dissection of the implant space by your PS than implant size. If your implant is being placed in the submuscular position and you do not have a small frame, I think the risk of symmastia is very low for a